The Staff Merry-go-round

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’ve been told that almost everyone was kept in the dark about their dire situation. 

This has happened so many times before. Last year it was Vanguard. Before them, it was (fill in the blanks).  Members have been stranded in the middle of the season, corps running out of food….  It’s bad news. This stuff all adds up. As a niche activity with declining scale, all hands need to be placed on deck to avoid a death spiral. As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, I hope the new director is up for the challenge. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

This has happened so many times before. Last year it was Vanguard. Before them, it was (fill in the blanks).  Members have been stranded in the middle of the season, corps running out of food….  It’s bad news. This stuff all adds up. As a niche activity with declining scale, all hands need to be placed on deck to avoid a death spiral. As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, I hope the new director is up for the challenge. 

Bad news never gets better with time. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’ve been told that almost everyone was kept in the dark about their dire situation. 

As I understand the situation from what people close to the organization have told me, no one in the corps knew this was coming. Apparently even the BOD and Corps Director weren't aware of how dire the situation was until this week. All of it stemmed from the now gone CEO who I guess was racking up debt with no cash to pay for it, or revenue coming in anytime soon. So sad as an alumni to see this happen, hope all vets can find a good home and the corps can be back soon.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Completely unacceptable. The top needs to go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cadet Guardy said:

Completely unacceptable. The top needs to go.

Well that was my point, the person keeping everyone in the dark (Vicki the CEO) is now gone. I'm a bit confused at how the board couldn't have found out about this earlier. Perhaps the corps needs a new model for running the corps? Ever since George the corps has put all of the power for running the corps in the hands of the board so one individual couldn't be as all powerful as George was. This seems to have backfired in having a board full of well meaning individuals, but that have full time jobs outside of Cadets and can't give the corps the full time focus it needs and allows for financial incompetence to take place from a poor CEO. I actually think if the corps is going to ever come back they'll need to lean hard on their Corps Director (who had no part in the financials of the corps BY DESIGN) and try to keep him around the best they can.