Boston Crusaders 2024

26 minutes ago, craiga said:

Safe travels to all the BAC members and staff heading to Texas today for the January camp!  Rumor has it this is going to be one exciting weekend!

What time on Sunday is the run-through?

hope the weather mess doesn't affect travel

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

hope the weather mess doesn't affect travel

Agreed.....but, fun fact: nearly 50% of the Boston Crusaders now drives to the San Antonio camps.

Jan camp recap

The corps sounds fantastic and looks fantastic. So many smiling faces, and so many kids who marched elsewhere who are at Boston. 

They got some show music. It sounds fantastic and this is probably my favorite thing I have heard from a corps in all of post COVID. 
The talent sounds better than in 22 and 23 Jan camps. 

Walking around camp and talking to members, staff, admin, and parents I could just tell this is going to be a special year for the corps. No matter the placement, though I have an idea that this might be a special year for that too. 

Despite the weather, most were able to show up. A few kids couldn't make it. Quite a lot got in late, but got here. Everyone should be back home safely by now. Most were driving, with 40% flying

• Like 4

Unrelated to Boston, but this is my apartment this morning. 
So very glad this weather stayed out until post camp so we could have a productive camp and get the members home. image.png?ex=65b7c952&is=65a55452&hm=ddd

I don't recall....is this their last in person camp til April?

1 hour ago, craiga said:

I don't recall....is this their last in person camp til April?

1 hour ago, Barneveld said:

According to the website, you are correct.

Major change from previous Winters.  How much marching, dancing, and DCI type body movement have they usually learned during these camps?

1 minute ago, TOC said:

Major change from previous Winters.  How much marching, dancing, and DCI type body movement have they usually learned during these camps?

Typically they spend around 2-3 hours on a dance warm up and breaking that down. And then 2-3 hours on marching. 
This is per camp. 

April they learn part of the drill, but that is mainly to show the members how we learn and break things down. 
From what I have heard though, there will be more video assignments on choreo and marching than we normally do

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TOC said:

Not that much of a change. Last year - Brass had in person camps Jan., Mar, & Apr. Percussion had in person camps Jan. & Apr.