DCI's Next Director

42 minutes ago, TenHut said:

Who cares about gender or race? Just hire the best candidate...hopefully someone who has a love and passion for drum corps. 

I don't think someone should be hired specifically because of their gender/race, but I do think it's important to make sure people of varying gender/race are included in the conversation. That's how we promote diversity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, lawdn said:

I think you are overlooking that Gandhi led the Salt March to the sea.

incredible audio visual coordination

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, An_drew said:

I don't think someone should be hired specifically because of their gender/race, but I do think it's important to make sure people of varying gender/race are included in the conversation. That's how we promote diversity.

a lot of it comes down to who applies or is interested in the job. if only white men apply.....can you blame DCI? No. they can't force people to apply

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Good point.  Most women are smart enough to turn down this job.

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

a lot of it comes down to who applies or is interested in the job. if only white men apply.....can you blame DCI? No. they can't force people to apply

If no women apply now for what is supposed to be drum corp’s most important job, which opens up every 25 years, it is certainly worth asking why.

I would say the same thing if only women applied.

• Like 2