DCI's Next Director

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I always tell people that Norwood Park made me a drum corps kid.  I was a dorky band nerd when I went there. I was already forged when I went to Guardsmen thanks to those good people. 

and QCC wasn't able to play at finals. granted....it's the only way Madison played but still.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

and QCC wasn't able to play at finals. granted....it's the only way Madison played but still.

Nope long dead.  Jim told me that if memory serves, Dan’s father was the president of the Board of Directors of QCC for a time.

I’m not putting this on Dan.  I’m putting it on whoever put that together.  

Edited by Terri Schehr

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Nope long dead.  Jim told me that if memory serves, Dan’s father was the president of the Board of Directors of QCC for a time.

I’m not putting this on Dan.  I’m putting it on whoever put that together.  

i got the impression Dan wanted to be doing anything other than that presentation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I always tell people that Norwood Park made me a drum corps kid.  I was a 14 year old dorky band nerd when I went there. I was already forged when I went to Guardsmen thanks to those good people. 

So do you wear Norwood or Guardsmen jacket in Indy (although I know you have other choices as well)?

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

So do you wear Norwood or Guardsmen jacket in Indy (although I know you have other choices as well)?

I just wear my regular clothes. I did wear a whale tail bracelet as a necklace while I was there.

I wore that in honor of the Boston alumni who have always been very, very nice to me.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Exactly.  If there are "haves" on your resume, why even bother mentioning the "have-nots"?

Yeah why act as if non top corps and their members mean a ####. Not like they’re really part of the activity

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yeah why act as if non top corps and their members mean a ####. Not like they’re really part of the activity

Sounds like my five years of following a Div II corps.  You could feel love everywhere. 😉Especially when you show up for prelims in Westminster, MD and the grass is a foot high on the field.  Longtime DCI volunteer and all-around saint Al Ratcliffe (Big Al) hopped on a riding mower and mowed that field for those kids that day. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Sounds like my five years of following a Div II corps.  You could feel love everywhere. 😉Especially when you show up for prelims in Westminster, MD and the grass is a foot high on the field.  Longtime DCI volunteer and all-around saint Al Ratcliffe (Big Al) hopped on a riding mower and mowed that field for those kids that day. 

Went to Buccs DCA show one year and Div III corps and Jersey Surf gave exhibitions. Talked to Div III (forget corps name) person and said crowd enjoyed their show. Response was “ sad thing is that was the biggest crowd and response they’ll get all season”.

• Sad 1