Troopers 2023 Props

39 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Speaking of bulk food, y'all got any connections to the school pizza? Cause... 

The rectangle one that fit perfectly in the tray right? 🙂

Edited by Mello Dude
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Wow, never thought of that design.  Which came first? The rectangle pizza or the tray?  I say the tray.

Think you are right.  But who knows.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mello Dude said:

Won't work.  Food industry is a different beast.  Plus, depending where you are you will be limited on what is available supply-wise.  But hey, I only dealt in the industry for 15 years so what do I know?  Better to try and get them to donate food.  But, food places have like zero issues for write offs on waste and spoilage alone.  Also better to try and get like Goya, Albertsons etc to donate.

Thinking a national food service provider like Sysco could be explored.  Or blanket buying through Costco, Sam’s Club, Walmart.  Whomever has a national presence.  Then there’s always Door Dash.

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Thinking a national food service provider like Sysco could be explored.  Or blanket buying through Costco, Sam’s Club, Walmart.  Whomever has a national presence.  Then there’s always Door Dash.

I alluded to this earlier, but we couldn't do Sysco as we didn't have a trailer large enough to store the size of order they would need to deliver, and we weren't always close enough to make it feasible.  Very few of the OC corps I think are built for it.  That's definitely something else to consider about volume purchasing.  A few years ago DCI tried to bring everyone into bulk perishables, and that's how practically the entire activity ended up drinking Sqwincher for a summer.  

Mike

36 minutes ago, MikeN said:

I alluded to this earlier, but we couldn't do Sysco as we didn't have a trailer large enough to store the size of order they would need to deliver, and we weren't always close enough to make it feasible.  Very few of the OC corps I think are built for it.  That's definitely something else to consider about volume purchasing.  A few years ago DCI tried to bring everyone into bulk perishables, and that's how practically the entire activity ended up drinking Sqwincher for a summer.  

Mike

I would have to check with my mom as she worked with dad for the last 10 years of his career (he was working himself literally to death) but I want to say with Aramark at least, there was a different division they set up for things like NFL camps, etc that didn't have the same requirements. I'll see what she remembers. 

38 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Mike

My thoughts were to utilize Sysco, to bring a trailer with multiple orders, for a number of corps, to a central site, maybe a regional show or predetermined locations. A corps could pick up orders,  or Sysco could drop off orders to corps at housing sites.  It would take a bit of coordination and logistics management.

• Like 1