Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

50 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

I suppose NOW is the time to POUNCE and Trademark:

CADETS OF BERGEN COUNTY 

I mean any resistance to it would lay the legal bread crumbs to those that have absolute control over it, and resistance to anyone claiming it. It would certainly be inconvenient given current legal strategy.  

Just don’t get tied up in the lawsuit if you do this ….

btw - if you switch the diagonal from top right to lower left it becomes a Bar Sinister, which is kind of appropriate.   

5 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

My understanding of DCI membership is SCV lost it when they stopped being a competing Corps. When they go forward into 2024 they will always perform LAST

The Cadets will be in the same boat too. 

Correct re SCV: They failed to show up for nationals in 2023, so they lose DCI membership in 2024, per DCI bylaws.

Not sure re Cadets; If DCI places a corps on probation, then their membership status does not lapse. I have no info on what, if anything, DCI plans to do wrt Cadets and probation

If and when Cadets are back on the field, they will have to compete as non-members at World Class, same as SCV next summer.

But I don't see how Cadets pull out of the current situation.  Hopkins will get a last laugh. The world sucks, sometimes.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Correct re SCV: They failed to show up for nationals in 2023, so they lose DCI membership in 2024, per DCI bylaws.

If true ( and I have no reason to doubt you on this ) it would seem to me that DCI itself would be wise then to remove the name of SCV from its official website .. and quickly . Their official website still lists SCV as a member of World Class Division . The Corps name should be removed from DCI’s  official website for the simple reason of limiting financial liability exposure in any future lawsuit by virtue of anything that the mercurial and wholly unpredictable SCV organization might do that could expose DCI as a party to any future lawsuit .

Should a lawsuit ever develop , DCI would have a challenge attempting to claim immunity from what SCV might do by claiming “ SCV is not a member of DCi “, but their current official website of DCI organization itself clearly states otherwise . Any plaintiff’s atty in any future lawsuit  would  have an easy time of it seems to me ( and I’m no lawyer ) shooting down any claim that “ SCV is not a member of DCI “ when your own institutional website states otherwise .

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

Yea, and they got to the  DCI CEO apparently as well.

What folks in our community forget is we are just a bunch of band geeks and the institutions we cherish have no resources of any significance to be tied up legally intimidating anyone, let alone push back on trying to use the court system to suppress the truth. 

SCV has been doing that for years to alumni, they sent attorneys after me twice, and both times the end effect was it cost them money, it cost me nothing, and my message and voice escalated. 

I'm getting push back on the Avatar I use with the SCV shield. This is a parody of our annual member patches. If you look closely in the top right it would originally say DCI (I replaced with with CA DOJ), then down the middle stripe would say SCVanguard, and I replaced it with Delinquent, then on the bottom would be the year, and I replaced it with 2020-2023. 

Idea...............

I suppose NOW is the time to POUNCE and Trademark:

CADETS OF BERGEN COUNTY 

I mean any resistance to it would lay the legal bread crumbs to those that have absolute control over it, and resistance to anyone claiming it. It would certainly be inconvenient given current legal strategy.  

oh they didn't threaten me with anything legal. they just wanted me to rat out people i trust more than them. granted that's a big list but...

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

If true ( and I have no reason to doubt you on this ) it would seem to me that DCI itself would be wise then to remove the name of SCV from its official website .. and quickly . Their official website still lists SCV as a member of World Class Division . The Corps name should be removed from DCI’s  official website for the simple reason of limiting financial liability exposure in any future lawsuit by virtue of anything that the mercurial and wholly unpredictable SCV organization might do that could expose DCI as a party to any future lawsuit .

Should a lawsuit ever develop , DCI would have a challenge attempting to claim immunity from what SCV might do by claiming “ SCV is not a member of DCi “, but their current official website of DCI organization itself clearly states otherwise . Any plaintiff’s atty in any future lawsuit  would  have an easy time of it seems to me ( and I’m no lawyer ) shooting down any claim that “ SCV is not a member of DCI “ when your own institutional website states otherwise .

all corps are not created equal

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Some Corps are more equal than others

You mean performing in ideal conditions in nearly every lineup BITD wasn't GR smiling down on us from heaven alone? Or a coinkidink?

There've gotta be more perks to being more-equal that didn't register as a kid, but made a big difference in how we competed. Curious.

Well, if the staff and members can set aside a little competitiveness this upcoming season, there are many scrumptious lessons to be had in going earlier and losing any of the other perks for half the season. Humility could be a big one.

Still, strange that the members seem more directly affected/reprimanded than the adults who caused the problems in the first place. 🍵 I trust the members will endure such effects with grace and class.

That sounds so familiar.........

Edited by scheherazadesghost
typo

1 hour ago, scheherazadesghost said:

You mean performing in ideal conditions in nearly every lineup BITD wasn't GR smiling down on us from heaven alone? Or a coinkidink?

There've gotta be more perks to being more-equal that didn't register as a kid, but made a big difference in how we competed. Curious.

Well, if the staff and members can set aside a little competitiveness this upcoming season, there are many scrumptious lessons to be had in going earlier and losing any of the other perks for half the season. Humility could be a big one.

Still, strange that the members seem more directly affected/reprimanded than the adults who caused the problems in the first place. 🍵 I trust the members will endure such effects with grace and class.

That sounds so familiar.........

It is a variation on a quote from Orwell’s Animal Farm.  Basically (in context) means that the rules are not enforced equally among all Corps.  

• Thanks 1