Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

4 hours ago, Lance said:

but then we'd be breaking the rules making this thread ot.  

we are already there, waiting a little longer to see if it veers back  otherwise we'll be closing 

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Steering back to topic: from all indications from their social media accounts, the camps seem to be going well. 🤷‍♂️ 

Key word is ‘their’; I don’t trust anything that SCV puts out.  I just hope that the potential members have a backup plan in case the whole financial house of cards collapses 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2023 at 11:20 PM, Old Guy said:

Would you give anything you have/worked for your entire life to someone you know will not make it work in the short, medium or long term. 

A solid organization doesn't depend on one person being there. Someone leaving shouldn't be the reason why an organization fails to function; Charles Frost leaving SCV after 2019 shouldn't have been a reason why no one at the BOD was able to make sure they stayed current., for example.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

A solid organization doesn't depend on one person being there. Someone leaving shouldn't be the reason why an organization fails to function; Charles Frost leaving SCV after 2019 shouldn't have been a reason why no one at the BOD was able to make sure they stayed current., for example.

Your absolutely right. However, organizations someday can the model to follow while being to opposite the following day. 

Then when you hit the hard days, it’s often one person who hold it together until the sun shine again. 

25 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

The most important job for the top executive leaders in any organization is to prepare the next generation to take over leadership.  

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I am not aware of all the details (not talking about the short version with no nuance about it) that led to the demise of Pioneers. 

However, nowadays when the crowd go against you, there is no way you can have any valuable defense. 

I’ve known the man for almost 30 years and every contact I had over the years, was genuine, generous and helping each other. 

What has seem to go wrong never happen in front of me. I was not privy to it and I only red short resume of things that look horrible and to which I could never hear the other side. 

let’s leave it at that. 

i'm sure in his heart he had great intentions. but the stuff that got online and in the papers was inexcusable. i know someone that marched pio will over a decade ago, and the stuff he told me had me come right out and ask "why did you stay?". he said in hindsight he isn't sure.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Steering back to topic: from all indications from their social media accounts, the camps seem to be going well. 🤷‍♂️ 

they started out that way last fall too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, JohnZ said:

we are already there, waiting a little longer to see if it veers back  otherwise we'll be closing 

oh but man...my afternoon would have been good!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1