Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

1 hour ago, DFA1970 said:

Jeff...do you ever sleep?

yeah. and that one person that keeps people away reminds me of a post Richard made a few days ago about board members at SCV. hmmmm

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

I would hope............... but recently the standard response from SCV is to flaunt and inflate any level of success they can. 

Otherwise they tend to be silent. 

It’s kind of like a movie trailer- take bits & pieces; with clever editing you can make an absolute dumpster fire look like a success.  But at some point we will we the final product.   And it will either match the hype, or not.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

or one person that causes people that could actually help to stay away

It’s a difficult boat to navigate for sure. 

And yes, one of the important task is to prepare the next leadership to take over. 

would love love to discuss this face to face as it is a very nuanced discussion to have. 

5 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It’s kind of like a movie trailer- take bits & pieces; with clever editing you can make an absolute dumpster fire look like a success.  But at some point we will we the final product.   And it will either match the hype, or not.  

That's what I've been leaning on as well. If folks push success back in my face I can say "finally" but in my defense up until now here is no verifiable actions of success. 

At this rate, I can see them getting through a season and limping back home from Indiana but it might break their back. 

The certainty would be filing the FY2023 when it is due in the Spring of 2024 (not 2026). 

21 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Thank you. Lots of hate to SCV. Some want them out...I want them back. DCI-SCV....that is DCI.  

And some want them back only if they are financially stable, meeting all State and Federal requirements with true transparency, while treating the performing members in a respectful, responsible way.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Where do I find out how SCV's camps went? How was it attended, and all the usual camp stuff?

This is all about their organization but I'm looking for SCV 2024 related information, not this.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, DFA1970 said:

Thank you. Lots of hate to SCV. Some want them out...I want them back. DCI-SCV....that is DCI.  

I believe you are misreading the room. I see zero “hate” for SCV. In fact, just the opposite. I see love for SCV and out of that love comes intense concern for SCV and intense lack of patience with those would would mismanage SCV into failure. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2