Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

22 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I threw my phone out of the car window when I still worked back home because people wouldn’t leave me alone on my off days. An expensive solution.  I knew it was time to retire. 

In through the nose, out through the mouth.   Plus, a PM with Tim K. should get you back to your loveable self.  Can only imagine how Jim gets rid of some frustration.  Maybe a little bit of Jack Reacher.  I'm more of a Mitch Rapp guy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TOC said:

See that little button on the side or leave it in the vehicle.

it was on silent. i happened to look at intermission and saw about 90 messages 

Veering back on topic, I have talked to several people involved in other corps and their response to SCV’s demise has been “Covid hit corps hard”. What do you all make of that?

35 minutes ago, TOC said:

You need a private assistant.  

i had one. the company decided they needed to cut back. now i actually have to do my job ######

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

Veering back on topic, I have talked to several people involved in other corps and their response to SCV’s demise has been “Covid hit corps hard”. What do you all make of that?

yes......and no. bad hires, bad controls, and the lack of sharing power outside a small group did them in. covid may have affected several facets of the issues i listed, but wasn't the singular cause people want to use as a scapegoat.

cause if they didn't use that as a scapegoat, they'd be forced to admit the organization was run poorly

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

Covid hit the economy hard, in general. It also caused hardships for lots of not for profit orgs through the isolation and distancing protocols that were enacted during that period of time. Corps couldn't tour, couldn't effectively fundraise as they had previously, but still had non-tour related bills to pay. There were .org-based aid programs available through state and local governments as a response to Covid, but how many corps actually utilized those, I have no clue.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

Did they say where it hit? Earlier thought I was reading that decline on Bingo was given As a big cause. Then next statement was to improve the bottom line was “more Bingo”. 🤦‍♂️ 

Still doesn’t explain how the paperwork has been befuddled (messed up) for years

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 hours ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

Apparently Covid hit SCV harder than it hit BD, Mandarins, or Pac Crest.   Or any of the other World Class Corps not from California.  Hmmm.  I wonder why?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2