Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

1 hour ago, MarimbaManiac said:

...because that's the SCV way. Lots of handwaving and pretending things don't exist because it tarnishes their image. At some point in the last 30 years, the idea of being SEEN as classy and above reproach became more important than actually being classy and morally upstanding.

Maybe it changed when a director was fired for (allegedly) sleeping with male members. Maybe when JW was fired months after winning a championships and they tried to spin it as just an administrative realignment. Maybe it started as soon as GR died, but at some point the fantasy became more important than accountability.

Bingo!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MarimbaManiac said:

Lots of handwaving and pretending things don't exist because it tarnishes their image. At some point in the last 30 years, the idea of being SEEN as classy and above reproach became more important than actually being classy and morally upstanding.

but at some point the fantasy became more important than accountability.

The Penn State/Jerry Sandusky flashbacks are starting. 😫😫😫

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Brass of the South said:

How confidently can we say that they will be on the field come June?

This is why DCI needs to partner with Fan Duel. Wonder what Vegas would say. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I’m about 25-30% confidant that they field; and if they do, I fear that it will be at the cost of establishing a firm financial position for 2025 and beyond.  

That's what we needed. Thank you, ILC The Greek. 

Just now, OldSnareDrummer said:

That's what we needed. Thank you, ILC The Greek. 

I actually googled a bit to see just what you can bet on in Vegas; Drum Corps is likely too much a niche activity.   Most of the small sports you can bet on (i.e., cricket, greyhound racing, etc) are actually big in other parts of the world and that is where the sports books make their money. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I’m about 25-30% confidant that they field; and if they do, I fear that it will be at the cost of establishing a firm financial position for 2025 and beyond.  

Unless they're pulling a Producers, I assume the org puts their percentage much higher. They have said the are backup plans for the backup plans to ensure so.

I think they'll advance no matter what shortof a cease and desist order. And the majority of alum and potential members are banking on it. That pride thing is a helluva drug.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I actually googled a bit to see just what you can bet on in Vegas; Drum Corps is likely too much a niche activity.   Most of the small sports you can bet on (i.e., cricket, greyhound racing, etc) are actually big in other parts of the world and that is where the sports books make their money. 

I once bet on how many times a frog would ribbit in a one minute span in Vegas. You can bet on anything according to Uncle Eddie in Vegas Vacation. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

This is why DCI needs to partner with Fan Duel. Wonder what Vegas would say. 

better than partnering with OnlyFans

• Haha 5