Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

9 minutes ago, TOC said:

Hasn't DCi released a video before with Dan Potter going over the proposals and side issues?

There have indeed been summary videos, for example, like when woodwinds were voted down.  But discussions like the one concerning internal problems w/ individual Corps, or over multiple member-abuse lawsuits (in other words, cancers on the activity that, if they metastasize are an existential threat to DCI) are never made public.  This is DCI’s definition of transparency. 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
Clarity
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

sometimes being right makes one an insufferable ######## to some. i've been an insufferable ######## on here before....because i was right. it's a cross to bear

Nah. That’s not it at all. It’s in the presentation. One can make a point without saying “I” a nauseating number of times.   You do it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

My ego doesn't matter. My cause is irrelevant. There is nothing I nor anyone else can do to stem the tide SCV leadership has navigated towards. The CA DOJ is not considering my social media popularity. 

Nah. Your presentation needs work. Cut out most of the “I did this and I did that” stuff and it will come across so much better. Restate without the “I”.  You unnecessarily shift the focus from where it should be (SCV) to yourself.  You don’t want that, right?  You can do it. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

I don't know how a CPA firm is going to be able to provide an audit opinion for 2021, 2022, and 2023 that SCV is not in violation of illegal donation/grant fund raising and distribution, and the illegal Bingo Operations and comingling of bingo income used to pay Bingo Employees. 

FWIW, I think this is essentially what the issue is (getting a clean audit).  Consider the FY18 financials were audited in a week of the FY close (still amazes me that happened). So why so long for 2019+? SCV says publicly they changed bookkeeping in house & went to a new accounting system since then.  Each of those alone can be very disruptive.  Trying to do both at the same time, ugh.  In my experience in the real world, ‘issues’ can be found when either of these things happen. 

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

And perhaps pigs will fly.  

Talk about being quixotic. I'm totes quixotic for this, no doubt. Weird to be this way about something NPs should be doing as part of their everyday business acumen like their healthier nonprofit contemporaries all across the country.

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Someone has to say it…

and while we're saying it...

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

sometimes being right makes one an insufferable ######## to some. i've been an insufferable ######## on here before....because i was right. it's a cross to bear

To be fair, if I was calling something out for a year and receiving mostly disdain and ridicule from people, and I turned out to be right, I would hire my own personal marching band to follow people around with a "I TOLD YOU SO" banner for weeks on end. 

• Like 1