Pre-2024 Top 12 Guesses

I sure hope we are not about to argue about 2024 placement predictions on here . It’s one of the reasons some fans have left DCP and never to return . Too much unnecessary initiated criticisms of posters for simply providing  their opinions , placement predictions , or assessments and observations on things posted on here . Everybody please chill on this 2024 placement predictions thread . Jeesh .

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

I sure hope we are not about to argue about 2024 placement predictions on here . It’s one of the reasons some fans have left DCP and never to return . Too much unnecessary initiated criticisms of posters for simply providing  their opinions , placement predictions , or assessments and observations on things posted on here . Everybody please chill on this 2024 placement predictions thread . Jeesh .

This is the main reason I don’t do these predictions. Well, that, and I would be wrong. These corps are so good, and it is tough to see any of them not place as highly as they might have or, worse, have a really rough season and fall far short the potential they were perceived to have. When the season finally rolls around, we will all have to see that play out, and as always @Jeff Ream will get it right. For now I just want to believe that next season everybody is going to maintain or improve their placements and everybody is going to be in medal contention.

Kudos to those who make predictions, though - I enjoy reading them in the spirit of looking for pleasant surprises!

• Like 3

On 9/10/2023 at 10:27 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

I’ll say Bloo for the win, because I freely admit I’m a Bloo honk

then ….

2. BD

3. Boston

4. Mandarins

5. Crown

6. SCV

7. PR

8. Cavies

9.  Cadets

10. Colts

11. Troopers

12. Blue Stars

This would be exciting . It’s hard for me to pick in placements any Corps other than  the Blue Devils to win  as they enter just about every  season as the preemptive favorite . I can see 2 or 3 corps likely challenging them once again next season  .

As for the Mandarins they seem to have what it takes to move up the ranks , and I personally love seeing Corps like Boston Crusaders and Mandarins of late  moving up the pecking order as it demonstrates that  it can be done . That’s healthy for the activity overall, imo. 

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Vuitton said:

You also predicted Boston would win this year and you also claimed they were three tenths down from BD based on different shows on different nights. And when you were told you were wrong you name-called and insulted people. Talk about promoting a false narrative. You were right in 2022 and you were wrong this year. Others were wrong in 2022 and right this year. It happens. None of us can be right all the time.

Wait a minute, are we agreeing? This doesn't feel right...lol.

4 hours ago, LabMaster said:

So that’s what you took from his comments?  Not the point about Mandarins? 

There were two points to be made in that post.

1. He was right.

2. Mandarins.

Except he wasn't right the entire time, which he failed to point out so me and Vuitton pointed it out for him.

3 hours ago, craiga said:

Clearly, many people here missed my point.  It wasn't that I was right or wrong about any predictions I had made.  Rather, my point WAS in fact in response to some know-it-all folks here on dcp who just LOVE to put other corps' chances down, typically without any inside knowledge of the workings of their organizations. 

Whether it be Boston, Mandarins,  Cadets or anyone else, more than a few posters here spend their springtimes/early seasons crapping on other corps' chances.  Every. Single. Year.  "CORPS X can't possibly win, etc".

For my part,  yes, I am an unapologetic supporter of the Boston Crusaders. But here's the difference....I NEVER said that there is no way that Bloo, Crown, or BD can win.  Why? Because I DO believe in letting the corps speak for themselves.

If it wasn't your point, you wouldn't have made it a point to continue to try to prove you were right. 

30 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

Except that early in June you said you were leaving DCP Grandpa  and ( your words ) “ taking the summer off “. Those words you posted are still on here on DCP . Don’t ask anyone to find it for you  but it’s definitely on here and easy to find for those inclined  . However, you found your way back here on DCP within just 2 weeks when your favorite corps scores and placements started to pick up . So if you intend to accuse another DCP poster of ( your words) j “hypocrisy” , you might want look in the mirror there first Grandpa . 

Ah ah ah, I said I was out. I didn't say I was leaving. He who is without sin, cast the first stone, otherwise make sure you get your words right and have a seat. Hookem also said he was done with DCP at one point this season as well, but I don't see you calling him out. Oh wait, he didn't point out your friends flaw.

And actually, Craiga used the word hypocritical first, which derives from the base word, hypocrite. Hypocrisy is the practice of being a hypocrite. Accuracy matters.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Agreed 101%. I know people are fanatical about their corps for various reasons and I know sometimes things get stated on this forum that seem more to do with emotion than fact or reason. But it's opinions about placement.

Should an opinion rely on measurable data? Sure. That's what lends some form of validity to it. But the way to have meaningful discourse with someone doesn't typically include attacks. I had to call this out in a directors meeting not long ago at work and called out a Sr. Director for attacking a vertical of the business based on literally no data. I didn't attack back. I simply asked clarifying questions until eventually they realized that they needed to curb their attack dog mentality. 

My point is this. If this were a fact thread, then fine. Tell someone to put up their facts and dispute the finer points. But in a thread that literally used the word GUESSES in the title.......

If someone disagrees with you, so the hell what? Have some disourse, make it genuine, honest and open to change and let's all get past our egos and talk drum corps. 

P.S. I have PR in 5th or 6th. Call it a gut instinct. It's my opinion. Now fight me (j/k)

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Grandpa Joe said:

Ah ah ah, I said I was out. I didn't say I was leaving. . Accuracy matters.

Yes . You did post that “ I’m out “ . On July 19th you announced you  were leaving DCP , at minimum until the season was over . 

Why were you leaving ? Well , we know why . On July 15th , page 138 you posted on your Corps ( Crown ) thread … “ Guess we should be ready for a 4th place finish “.

On July 19th here on DCP on the Crown thread on page 164 you posted “ Ok Y’all , I’m out .Have fun this season “.  You were frustrated your Corps at the time was sitting in 4th . You had convinced yourself on July 19th that your corps was headed for 4th place again as you posted early that morning ( your words )  “ it’s extremely hard to keep positive because apparently they can’t climb out of 4th “.  Placements matter a LOT to you too as you posted as well ( your words ) … “ placements matter more than some on here think “.

So you told everyone on DCP you were leaving DCP  You apparently have taken this tact before too as a fellow Crown fan on there responded ( July 19th … his words ) ..  “ We talked about this before with you “. He further nudged you and followed up with … “don’t flake out on us again down the stretch “.  
   You then hypocritically returned after a DCP 2 weeks  self imposed absence that “ coincidentally “ happened with your corps emergence with better scores and placements and after you quit on your corps for the season in the early going . 
    Accuracy matters … and context is everything too Grandpa … especially when you jumped in earlier tonight to be highly critical of another DCP poster for ( your words tonight ) “ being wrong “on this season . Incidentally , that poster , Craiga , went onto the Crown thread after Finals to congratulate Crown and their fans on their finish this season . 

Edited by Boss Anova

Actually, my predictions are total SWAG (Scientific Wild ### Guesses)

But … if you gave me 100:1 odds of me being right, I’d lay a single Geo. Washington down. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

..... I'm still sticking with The Cavaliers lol!!!!

Your loyalty and dedication and no quit attitude with your favorite corps is admirable Hook’emCavies . Corps need more fans like you , imo . Fans that stay with them throughout the good times and the not so good times placement wise . 👍

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Can we please stick to the prediction topic, and any personal bickering move to direct messaging between the parties.  It's beyond old...

• Like 1