VMAPA Board of Directors welcomes Rob Schiller, as newly elected Board Treasurer and Finance Committee Chair.

1 hour ago, lifeisaround said:

Treasure of the board DOES NOT equal CFO of the organization. He is on the board for checks and balances from the day to day staff. BIG DIFFERENCE. The CFO/Controller/Director of Finance, who reports to the CEO, has a dotted line of presenting financial reports to the board. 

Except herein, at VMAPA, we've had a lot of rotation between the board treasurer/president/officer roles and the CFO over the last several years. Indeed, I've brought this up on the forum before, in addition to the fact that current CFO and CEO are listed on the BOD webpage. I really hope that both are not a voting members on the board, as that would be a conflict of interest for the very reasons you brought up.

They could provide a simple clarification on the website to affirm for stakeholders they aren't voting members, but simply advisors (which is not uncommon, but still not always ideal IMHO.)

1 hour ago, lifeisaround said:

Now, to your otherstatement of talking to donors and being involved, I do find it interesting that the corps director lives in Florida, and not at all connected to California, but Russ Gavin should be the "face" and "shaking hands" in the community where he does live in california. 

Indeed again. Who is on the ground for the org, ensuring that they maintain a local footprint and developing partnerships that make previously mentioned diversification of revenue possible?

Edited by scheherazadesghost
typo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Except herein, at VMAPA, we've had a lot of rotation between the board treasurer/president/officer roles and the CFO over the last several years. Indeed, I've brought this up on the forum before, in addition to the fact that current CFO and CEO are listed on the BOD webpage. I really hope that both are not a voting members on the board, as that would be a conflict of interest for the very reasons you brought up.

They could provide a simple clarification on the website to affirm for stakeholders they aren't voting members, but simply advisors (which is not uncommon, but still not always ideal IMHO.)

Indeed again. Who is on the ground for the org, ensuring that they maintain a local footprint and developing partnerships that make previously mentioned diversification of revenue possible?

There is another term for this ‘rotation’ between board treasurer/president/officer. But as this is a family-friendly forum I won’t say what that term is. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

There is another term for this ‘rotation’ between board treasurer/president/officer. But as this is a family-friendly forum I won’t say what that term is. 

Would this term be "family friendly" in a whole different way?  

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

There was this family that went to a talent agent to show them their act….

[something something something ... audience gasps and cringes] THE ARISTOCRATS!

• Haha 3