19 Sep SCV Meeting Summary on Reddit

46 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Occam's Razor would indicate that the most likely explanation for anything having to do with SCV's management the last number of years is...(checks notes) - "incompetence." 

Well, perhaps the new, committed to transparency SCV can come on here & tell the truth as to why certain, legally required, actions were not taken.  

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Daave said:

Wasn't the meeting recently? They announced the new replacement.  No news about the vote on their status?  If I missed it, I apologize. 

my hunch is waiting DCI waits til the Januals

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

my hunch is waiting DCI waits til the Januals

Are you suggesting that in January 24  DCI might still put the kibosh on SCV 2024 DCI tour participation?   If so, the New, Transparent SCV should make this very clear in their recruiting advertisements.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Are you suggesting that in January 24  DCI might still put the kibosh on SCV 2024 DCI tour participation?   If so, the New, Transparent SCV should make this very clear in their recruiting advertisements.   

kibosh no. but thats generally when a lot of the tour dates are finalized and announced. 

i do feel the rumors of going first will stay in place to make an example of SCV.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i do feel the rumors of going first will stay in place to make an example of SCV.

They're not members, and the rules for being non-members competing in WC is that they'll go on before the members do until they earn a spot in the rankings at San Antonio. It's not to make an example of them. 

Edited by Slingerland
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

They're not members, and the rules for being non-members competing in WC is that they'll go on before the members do until they earn a spot in the rankings at San Antonio. It's not to make an example of them. Now they will still have to apply for reinstatement as members next year, and the others could choose to deny them membership, which would definitely be about making an example of them, but we'll see when we get there.

This is correct.  There were DCI meetings last week.   SCV has been approved as a "Tour Participant" for 2024. As such, they will be going on first of all World Class corps, have no voting privileges,  and no appearance fees. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, craiga said:

This is correct.  There were DCI meetings last week.   SCV has been approved as a "Tour Participant" for 2024. As such, they will be going on first of all World Class corps, have no voting privileges,  and no appearance fees. 

If by some chance SCV medals in 2024, that SCV BOD should all only get Tour Participant Ribbons. 

3 hours ago, Slingerland said:

They're not members, and the rules for being non-members competing in WC is that they'll go on before the members do until they earn a spot in the rankings at San Antonio. It's not to make an example of them. 

yes...and....as we have seen, not all corps are created equal. so yes there is the rule, but I dunno.....we've seen rules bent before. but this was publicly embarrassing for DCI

2 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

If by some chance SCV medals in 2024, that SCV BOD should all only get Tour Participant Ribbons. 

and audited

• Like 1