Cadets Suspend for 2024

19 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So because there is a “loud vocal minority” that you disagree with then we should ignore what is being said about expenses? 
I don’t see how “calling out correlation” is helping the discussion.

Yes it should be ignored because that side of the discussion is not in good faith. Their issue is not really the expenses.

34 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

Is there or is there not a loud vocal minority who hates modern drum corps? And is it or is it not true that that parts of modern drum corps they hate become the focal point of the discussion any time a corps folds?

No.

If that were true, this thread would demand we bring back military inspections and American flag presentations, and  complain about dancing, costumes not being truly uniform, and bugles even having valves in the first place.

2 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

No.

If that were true, this thread would demand we bring back military inspections and American flag presentations, and  complain about dancing, costumes not being truly uniform, and bugles even having valves in the first place.

Those people aren't on DCP anymore. They are on Facebook. They even have a group called I hate modern drum corps or something like that.

Edited by ContraFart

Just now, cixelsyd said:

Earlier posts in this thread suggest another WC corps has already decided 2024 is out... just not announced yet.

I must have read that differently than you because I understood it as people knew Cadets were making this call a week ago and referred to those posts, but I could be wrong about that 

6 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

Yes it should be ignored because that side of the discussion is not in good faith. Their issue is not really the expenses.

Then one final question: if someone here posts concerns about cost, safety, etc about props, uniforms or whatever… how can you tell if they have a legitimate concern or being against the items?

4 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

Those people aren't on DCP anymore. They are on Facebook. They even have a group called I hate modern drum corps or something like that.

Not just that group. Have a guy on another FB group claim I never marched “real drum corps” because the start/finish lines were no longer in use. My first year was 1974….

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

$200 uniform x 150 members = $30,000 in uniform cost.  It all counts toward the bottom line. 

It’s not $300 - we were paying ~$100 (ish) at Guardians for digital uniforms 4 years ago, and the contract had a discount clause year on year.

Mike

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I was using ContraFart’s numbers. 

No worries - just trying to add some firsthand experience. Also, it’s a cost that’s been pushed to members, so it’s a balance sheet neutral item really. -Mike

• Like 1