Cadets Suspend for 2024

Just now, Old Guy said:

The day when tuition is 15% of their revenus, we will be able to say « they are responsable »   Until then, keep working and plan for 2044. 2024 is too short sight. 

When in the history of the activity has tuition been 15% of the revenue? At least be realistic

1 hour ago, TenHut said:

For all of you youngsters out there, there were 1500+ D&B corps in the 1970s. There were about 50 in Illinois alone. 

We are now down to 37 drum corps. That, ladies and gentlemen is what leadership failure looks like. Thanks for nothing DCI...you have been asleep at the wheel for 40 years. 

Or maybe the paradigm of extra curricular activities has changed and there are far more choices that are far cheaper to set up.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

We pushed our bus up the final quarter-mile to the Eisenhower Tunnel on I-70. 40 kids with their shoulders to the bus, in billows of black smoke, some of it diesel, some of it clutch.

Good Lord, could you imagine the response to something like that today. We have a much safer environment today. State-of-the-art buses. Health and Safety staff. It's all to the good of course. It's also more expensive. LIfe is a series of tradeoffs. 

In 79, 27 did their entire 2nd tour in only 2 busses because we crashed one at a turnpike toll booth.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, craiga said:

Look, I'm now in my 60s, and there is nothing I would love more than to transport myself back to attending the World Open in Lynn, MA in 1979 and see 60 "local corps" over two days.  

Me too! We won that show!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TOC said:

Who is/was "we"?

The renowned 27th Lancers.   Don't let Jurassic Lancer fool you....in 79 their buses were tied the Troopers for the oldest in DCI.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1