Real ideas for sustainability & revenue

2 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

They have few assets to sell.   Everything that they got from YEA is now junk.  Food Trailer, Equipment Trailer, Box Truck and  couple of vans have little to no value.  Front Ensemble and Brass are the only assets of any value.   

rumor is brass was leased

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

They have few assets to sell.   Everything that they got from YEA is now junk.  Food Trailer, Equipment Trailer, Box Truck and  couple of vans have little to no value.  Front Ensemble and Brass are the only assets of any value.   

According to post by another DCP regular, Food Trailer & Electronics have been sold to other Corps.  

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

From another drum corps. 

yeah. i tried to verify if true, but well we saw that story elsewhere

• Like 2

On 11/5/2023 at 11:15 AM, IllianaLancerContra said:

It’s almost like the majority of the Corps should come together & create an organization where they stick together for the good of the collective.  

oh, wait a minute……

It's getting to the point where I am ready to walk away from this activity, honestly. There's no fairness in competition anymore, everything is geared towards keeping the top corps the top corps, and the productions as a whole have gotten way over the top. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Smart design and smart teaching goes a long way. 

As well as dedication by their members. It doesn't matter how many hours you practice, it matters how efficiently you practice.

3 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

It's getting to the point where I am ready to walk away from this activity, honestly. There's no fairness in competition anymore, everything is geared towards keeping the top corps the top corps, and the productions as a whole have gotten way over the top. 

I say that every year. I have a certain amount of ambivalence about the activity myself. 

1 hour ago, Vuitton said:

Except a couple of top corps have self inflicted wounds, that “fairness” as you allude to, has not been a factor in their possible demise.  

• Like 1