What is wrong with US?

34 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

All of us have dirty laundry. I don't expect for a drum corps or any organization to be completely "clean." 

The expectation isn't to be "clean" but to be transparent. 

This is where the metaphor breaks down; transparency will clean the laundry and it's fine if there is laundry. (Does that even make sense?)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hamburgler said:

This is where the metaphor breaks down; transparency will clean the laundry and it's fine if there is laundry. (Does that even make sense?)

giphy.gif

I kid I kid. I get your point. 

10 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

There is dirty laundry, and then there is DIRTY LAUNDRY. 

Mine is usually the latter. 

30 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Your exaggeration notwithstanding, the CEO(?) did put out a statement explaining what led them to this point. I think the issue is many people do not accept it as gospel, and that's fine. But many people feel they weren't being transparent when that's not absolutely the case. 

they were transparent....to a point. there was a lot of vague in there which is where i think the questions come from.

14 minutes ago, Hamburgler said:

Yes, TRANSPARENCY is the name of the game. Non-profit management can get messy, especially when minors and so many moving pieces are involved, but being upfront, clear, and honest about issues is what makes the difference. some corps have forgotten that for non-profits, transparency is expected. They've made their image and reputation the most important thing, rather than the services they are supposed to be offering. It's pure arrogance, which isn't helpful in the slightest.

13 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

they were transparent....to a point. there was a lot of vague in there which is where i think the questions come from.

But they were transparent (I'm talking about Cadets reasoning for taking 2024 off). Just because some don't like the information that was provided doesn't negate that fact. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

But they were transparent (I'm talking about Cadets reasoning for taking 2024 off). Just because some don't like the information that was provided doesn't negate that fact. 

I'm not sure I believe that. I wish to understand, how they ran out of money last year (I cannot recall at the moment where I read that) and how they did not see the shortfall coming (fundraising shortage) and if they saw it coming, why they did not reach out to let us know before it happened. And yes, I mean us. I donate 100 dollars a month to them. Well, donated. I know that is not a lot of money in the big picture, but it is still a donation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

Personal opinion:

Cadets since 1934 have over come many issues, those public and those not so much. They have survived the separation from the church (by a very Christian and compassionate priest.)..sarcasm  alert....lol THEY SURVIVED drum rehearsals in parents basements, no uniforms,etc etc, champions even through hard times, THE SURVIVED, many directors with a heart just stepping up many doing anything they had to THEY SURVIVED, lets not forget the GH saga THEY SURVIVED , when many said they could never get past that and parents wouldn't support them,THEY SURVIVED.

If any corps can get past what probably was a very wise decision, although I would rather not see this happen but understand, they will. I would hope no one wants this iconic corps to halt a season for any reason BUT as I said If any corps would survive it would for sure be The Cadets.

I do not agree nor believe in several Board members or some who have been in charge especially knowing some BUT know that Cadets are even bigger than those whom have been given the privilege to run this corps. Cadets are and have always been about their members past and present, the stories they share the good times and bad, the old traditions as well as the new ones made.

TO THOSE IN CHARGE..... you most likely made a hard but very wise decision to do this and should be commended. It would have been easier to just make it worse , get on the road and watch disaster unfold ( how many times have we seen that) BUT get your #### together! Make it right, move forward, fix what needs to be fixed, don't listen to the noise and focus on what YOU need to do, YOU OWE IT to every person who has ever been part of this legendary Drum Corps. If you can't do it , get out of the way for anyone who can!..Thank You 

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Jimmyjames said:

I'm not sure I believe that. I wish to understand, how they ran out of money last year (I cannot recall at the moment where I read that) and how they did not see the shortfall coming (fundraising shortage) and if they saw it coming, why they did not reach out to let us know before it happened. And yes, I mean us. I donate 100 dollars a month to them. Well, donated. I know that is not a lot of money in the big picture, but it is still a donation. 

I completely agree with you. However, I do not pretend to know the inner workings of each corps, especially Cadets. But I'd also like to believe, based on what I've seen them do in the past couple years in terms transparency, that that they are doing what they need to do to mitigate those issues. I guess for me, I'm just trying to remain positive throughout this entire thing. 

The more worrying thing for me is, given we've seen two top tier drum corps have to take a year off because of issues dealing with finances, this may happen to other corps in the near future. 

• Like 2

It’s not that I don’t like it. Rather that it’s not particularly believable. Nor, as Jeff points out, is it very detailed.  Expenses caught up on us?  We didn’t want to provide a substandard experience?  That’s why you can’t field a corps in 2024?  

So again, it’s not that I don’t like the information, rather that I find the explanation to be a bit implausible. And that’s a generous interpretation. Because if I take it at face value, it’s worse. The only thing separating them from being able to participate from not was some late unexpected bills and subpar infrastructure. Not good. If that’s all it was, a couple calls to some key donors could have fixed it.  Yeah, I shall remain skeptical. 

well...we will agree to disagree. because they were kinda transparent. but not really, especially with CEO and Ops Manager suddenly leaving