Where is the love?

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Best post I saw about BITD and today was: corps have always folded but in the past there were new corps started to take their place. Today the new corps are no longer being created.

And there were more corps merging with another corps who was close by. 

All of a sudden everyone is talking in parables and anecdotes. I love it!  I’m inspired to say that folks giving their good money to bad stewards is like … casting pearls before swine. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

I remember reading an article about a Chinese restaurant that received a negative yelp review among a load of positive reviews. The Chinese restaurant responded to that review by telling that customer not to ever come back and that person doesn't have a right to be seated in that restaurant. Obviously, I wouldn't want a non-profit organization to respond in this way, but the lesson is, the customer may not always be right. 

Let's not sugarcoat things here. It didn't need to be public. It seems to me you wanted it public because of the apparent slight you felt by the answer you were given, and therefore, felt it important that others who agree with you should know about.

i felt it needed public because an organization in crisis shouldn't be that way, especially when trying to get funds to keep it alive. quite frnkly i had many exchanges with he who pleaded and even at his most repugnant, he was never like that. 

i saw that same article. i thought of this too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

All of a sudden everyone is talking in parables and anecdotes. I love it!  I’m inspired to say that folks giving their good money to bad stewards is like … casting pearls before swine. 

I liken it to buying Lehman shares in the summer of 08

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

...and here he goes again. 

There is an ignore feature that works very well….