2023 Audio Performance Downloads - Will they be produced?

I know the days of releasing official videos in either hard media or even streams are gone indefinitely... I saw a post on a social media site that stated that 2023 Audio Downloads would not be released this year.   It would be a shame as the quality of the AIFF downloads the past two years have been phenomenal in terms of quality.  The Flo Broadcasts are decent to very good quality - but I am not certain to what degree they are compressed and mixed since they were broadcast live. 

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this topic... 

usually word comes out around the holidays as when to expect them

17 hours ago, ohbaby said:

I know the days of releasing official videos in either hard media or even streams are gone indefinitely... I saw a post on a social media site that stated that 2023 Audio Downloads would not be released this year.   It would be a shame as the quality of the AIFF downloads the past two years have been phenomenal in terms of quality.  The Flo Broadcasts are decent to very good quality - but I am not certain to what degree they are compressed and mixed since they were broadcast live. 

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this topic... 

Flo has 2022 and 2023 archives but for many performances, they have silent breaks due to not having the rights to broadcast.  

A fair few corps have used their social media youtube accounts for "official releases" of their shows too.  In cases where they were proactive about getting all the rights in order themselves. 

I want that to be a growing trend actually.  It drives people to the CORPS social media a thus puts eyeballs on them and ensuring their show will be releasable in this manner becomes a priority for their design teams because it reflects on their brand.

That said, it'd be nice if DCI then makes a 'master playlist'

Edited by KVG_DC

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any updates on this? They usually release them around this time. 

The last couple years audio downloads haven’t been released until around the end of January…I know because I looked back at my marching music downloads account and saw the charges on Jan. 31 two years ago, and Feb.2 this past year.  So, I imagine that timeline will stay the same if they are indeed releasing them.

Ah. The end of January works for me just as long as they're still coming!

• Like 1

In the days of physical media (CDs), we would often see them around Thanksgiving or sooner, as a nice wetting of the whistle in anticipation of the video products.

Since moving to the audio download model, the timing shifted much later. I recall that the 2022 APDs were not available until February of 2023. Ironic in that you would assume the timing to produce a finished product might be expected to be faster when there are no physical goods to be produced.

And all of this is still speculative since no one in any informed position of authority has made any announcement that recordings will be made available for the 2023 season.  Count me as one who would continue to buy physical media were it to be produced.  I dropped in the Blu-Ray from 2019 last night and immediately felt nostalgic and then sad that it just won't be that easy to watch quality recordings of shows post-COVID years.

Edited by Dansize
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

"Would you like your audio performance downloads with or without sound?" Kind of like a Philly Cheesesteak: "wit or witout". 👍🤷‍♂️  

wiz wit. there is no other way

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1