Bands of America On Demand Video Channel - could DCI finally be next?

Just got this email yesterday from BOA - I actually signed up for a monthly subscription ($30) just to check it out - it actually had a LOT of videos already, and it doesn't look like (from what I have seen so far) that there are cuts or edits to the videos for copyright issues.  Full, intact shows with sound.  I know FloMarching probably has the rights to streaming DCI videos on-demand right now for the most recent seasons, but I am wondering if we will see a partnership with DCI, SBN, Flo, etc. at some point.  This would basically bring back the Fan Network everyone loved so much before the plug was pulled in 2015.  One can hope :)  

Music for All Announces Video on Demand with BOX5 and SBN

Music for All (MFA) is pleased to announce that Bands of America (BOA) and MFA performances will be available for on-demand streaming through a collaboration with SBN and BOX5 Media.

Hundreds of BOA performances from 2023, 2022, and 2021 events are now available, including the 2023 Grand National Finals, with more performances being added. Select past year BOA performances are also available, with more added over time, as well as Music for All National Festival concerts. Subscribers can choose from an annual or monthly pass to stream BOA performances on-demand.

MFA’s President and CEO, Dr. Jeremy Earnhart, said:

"BOX5, SBN, and Music for All have been working together to make video-on-demand possible. We are excited to provide these exemplary performances for participants, families, and fans, as well as current and future music educators who can enjoy and be inspired by these outstanding scholastic ensembles."

Through this collaboration, BOX5 Media will continue to livestream BOA Championships, available at boalive.tv, powered by BOX5 Media.

Go to video.musicforall.org to learn how to start watching today.

depends on if Flo can handle it or if DCI goes to Box 5. given how Flo apparently has to cut some checks after the class action suit, i'm guessing no

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

depends on if Flo can handle it or if DCI goes to Box 5. given how Flo apparently has to cut some checks after the class action suit, i'm guessing no

I wish DCI would go to Box5

1 hour ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

I wish DCI would go to Box5

i will admit Flo's one size fits all pricing model is a lot better than what Box 5 charges for BOA....i am afraid they would go to a per show model, with regionals being a higher price.

23 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i will admit Flo's one size fits all pricing model is a lot better than what Box 5 charges for BOA....i am afraid they would go to a per show model, with regionals being a higher price.

What kind of other things does Box 5 offer for their price?

It can't be as good and riveting as the National Jr High School Mixed Doubles Thumb Wrestling Championships they offer on Flo. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

It can't be as good and riveting as the National Jr High School Mixed Doubles Thumb Wrestling Championships they offer on Flo. 

just marching arts stuff...BOA, had DCA but i guess that goes to Flo now. maybe some regional band circuits. nothing indoor that i am aware of

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I can tell you have never suffered the agony of defeat from losing a thumb war. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I saw online this evening they are doing a football tournament in Florida soon