12 Corps Of Christmas – Racine Kilties, Auld Lang Syne

Per Drum Corps Museum, the Kilties first performed Auld Lang Syne in 1960, appropriately as their closer. The corps would end their shows with Syne 18 times during their junior corps existence, which came to an end in 1982. When the corps returned to the field a decade later as an alumni corps, Auld Lang Syne did so as well.

https://medi-nerd.com/2023/12/26/12-corps-of-christmas-racine-kilties-auld-lang-syne/

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s a darn shame that there is no good video of 1974 because that’s probably the best brass line they ever had. 

And the sops didn’t frack at the end 

• Like 2

Real drum corps people tossed aside the Guy Lombardo and put the Kilties Auld Lang Syne on full blast at midnight at New Year's Eve parties (of which there were many in my time). 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Real drum corps people tossed aside the Guy Lombardo and put the Kilties Auld Lang Syne on full blast at midnight at New Year's Eve parties (of which there were many in my time). 

This one is pretty good for not having bugles…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpSsSxe4tU&pp=ygUbbGVvbiByZWRib25lIGF1bGQgbGFuZyBzeW5l 

First time I saw the Kilties was at the 1969 VFW Nats finals. A carload of us from the GSC corps I marched with in North Jersey made the drive to Philly. Our DM drove, as she was driving age. I was not yet 16 (October 69).

They were National champs in 69, edging out the Cavies at finals.

This is some film of prelims with audio added...the audio might be finals (not sure). It is not synchronized. Start at 2:25 to possibly hear my first live exposure to their Syne.

1869 Kilties

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MikeD said:

First time I saw the Kilties was at the 1969 VFW Nats finals. A carload of us from the GSC corps I marched with in North Jersey made the drive to Philly. Our DM drove, as she was driving age. I was not yet 16 (October 69).

They were National champs in 69, edging out the Cavies at finals.

This is some film of prelims with audio added...the audio might be finals (not sure). It is not synchronized. Start at 2:25 to possibly hear my first live exposure to their Syne.

1869 Kilties

Jim was there with his Dad. They’d go every year.  

• Like 1