DCI Januals 2024

14 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I would hope that there would be deep discussions on how to reduce costs / increase revenue as well as the status of the various member-abuse lawsuits to which DCI is a defendant.  I understand that it is unlikely (& unwise) to comment about ongoing litigation.   But closing cost / revenue gap is key to long term success - I would think that this could get a mention, esp considering there were no rules proposals to distract us this year. 

yes but those don't make click bait stories. i'm sure the new guy was speaking a lot too

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Curious what Soundsport stuff was discussed.  Seems to me to be the logical way to grow new units into the activity. 

I wonder a bit how the all-age will work.  Will there be prelims and finals (or won’t enough units make the trek to make that worthwhile)?  Will they be clearing out the crowd between all-age and world class finals?   I am guessing that there will be some fans that just want to see all-age & don’t want to pay for world-class tickets.   As usual, the devil is in the details. 

i believe DCI made al age finals tickets a separate package. i'm sure the building will be cleared in between events

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

10:30am for championships 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

look, lets be honest....all age can't do Wednesday shows. and Saturday night for World Class is the main event, the show that puts 22k+ ##### in seats. Sure, i'd like to see all age get a better time slot, but world class is what draws th fans. All age couldn't even sell 2500 tickets the ast several years no matter where they held finals. just going to Indy year 1 isn't suddenly going to bring paying customers out in droves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

look, lets be honest....all age can't do Wednesday shows. and Saturday night for World Class is the main event, the show that puts 22k+ ##### in seats. Sure, i'd like to see all age get a better time slot, but world class is what draws th fans. All age couldn't even sell 2500 tickets the ast several years no matter where they held finals. just going to Indy year 1 isn't suddenly going to bring paying customers out in droves.

Understand the problems with time due to other events and All Age corps logistics. 
Just as a performer doing your last show at THE event that early. Ok great show, let’s go for brunch.. 🤮

Edited by JimF-LowBari

17 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Good to see that DCI has their priorities in line. 

Seeing a post by an attendee on Facebook, it sounds like most corps don't see making it beyond 5 years and that the existing model cannot sustain itself. There was talk of corps who have posted things on social media like, "we're in the BEST financial position we've ever been in" who had to actually go deep into their endowment and scholarship funds just to survive. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4