Ticket Prices

6 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

I'll stop complaining about the Stanford show (DCI West). I splurge on the box seats that comes with a BBQ, and I think last year they were $125 or so. Snacks and drinks in the box (nothing amazing, chips and cookies and sodas, but still something), and easy access to the restrooms plus the views from the box with all seats more or less no farther out than the 25yrd. 

You had me at "easy access to the restrooms".  Sitting in the Lucas Oil "blast zone", I'm thinking about taking a bedpan or wearing an adult diaper in August.  Or maybe one of those auto johns.   😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yep.  It’s expensive. That’s why we’re not going to an Ohio State game.  It would be $1000 just for tickets.  I don’t even think I could enjoy myself. Hahaha. I told him go to go up the road to Putters and watch with the rest of the fanatics. 

I’m fortunate enough to have a relative with season tickets for Michigan football. I get to see a couple of live games a year for virtually nothing but beer money  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Yea that's the one downside to your team being good. Ticket prices soar. 2015-2018 when the Niners were sucking, me, wifey, son and daughter could all go to the game and I would spend less than $200 on the tickets total. Since 2019, Niners have been Super Bowl contenders, ticket prices are outrageous! My wallet was sending out distress signals lol. 

And God help you if you're thinking about buying food at Levi's Stadium. One time, I got four pretzels, and four bottled waters for us, they wanted me to harvest my organs to pay for it. The prices there are insane. 

I hear you, brother. Getting Lions tickets was a cheap deal until last year … you could get them for a song … the prices have really shot through the roof (er, dome) since. I might be able to go to one game next year.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I hear you, brother. Getting Lions tickets was a cheap deal until last year … you could get them for a song … the prices have really shot through the roof (er, dome) since. I might be able to go to one game next year.

Pick your poison.  They can suck or you can pay up.  😂 just kidding. 

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I’m fortunate enough to have a relative with season tickets for Michigan football. I get to see a couple of live games a year for virtually nothing but beer money  

Jim used to get free tickets to Notre Dame games.  But not Ohio State. I got free tickets for Illinois games from my son because he was in the band.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

Harken back to where drum corps started from (out of the locations of VFW's and American Legions) the activity still hasn't exited out of that. While the production has expanded beyond John Philip Sousa and symmetrical formations, the audience is not. Who the activity sell tickets to has not expanded. 

Yea $50+ for a show where maybe ONE corps will be worth sitting through if you are not a parent or fan really can sting. 

I, for one, have expanded since my marching days.  

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I, for one, have expanded since my marching days.  

There should be a DCI wide Corps Jacket Zip Up Challenge by decade. 

Who all can put on their corps jacket, and ZIP IT UP categorized by decade. 2020's folks can't compete with 80's folks. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

MarimbaMania has in my opinion,  given a sincere and palpable observation based on the reality of discretionary money and it's effect on those who simply can no longer find it cost effective to attend live shows.These are probably the same people who can no longer  afford live sporting events,live music concerts or live anything short of your high School's annual concert...That he's been reminded that you're supporting drum corps and it's young folk( Who fork out between 4 to 5 thousand dollars for this privilege) seems to  border on a test of drum corps loyalty, when in fact, his position is probably shared by more than a few..If supporting mean going to FLO because you can't afford 800 dollars for finals or to drive two hours to see a show with 4 corps at 50 bucks a shot then at least appreciate the effort ..Those with the funds to go to live shows, God bless you..But those who can't, are no  less enthusiastic to see this art form succeed and no less loyal than any other fan...imo...Peace

oh i've been there. and i partke in a lot of Flo since my area gets so few shows anymore.

but man...live...yeah. i'd pay it, and beats the hell out of suffering through penn State beat down UMass in the rain

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

There should be a DCI wide Corps Jacket Zip Up Challenge by decade. 

Who all can put on their corps jacket, and ZIP IT UP categorized by decade. 2020's folks can't compete with 80's folks. 

mine had snaps. and was bought 2 sizes large...i planned ahead

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

oh i've been there. and i partke in a lot of Flo since my area gets so few shows anymore.

but man...live...yeah. i'd pay it, and beats the hell out of suffering through penn State beat down UMass in the rain

Nothing beats LIVE!! Yay!