Ten Year Anniversary Of Felliniesque

Babies can reduce any DCI show concept down to something that's trashable because it's all so silly if you really think about it.  SCV and Crown at finals in 2007 had fans going at each other around me...and the shows were about a giant exclamation point vs horsies.  There was some tension between BD and Cavies in 2003.  One was about "cool" which doesn't really mean anything while the other was about a giant washing machine for green and yellow spandex onesies or something.  

It's just band.  It all has a giggle factor.  

59 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I didn’t say anything about it except to Jim.  It just wasn’t my bag.  Of course, it was executed beautifully.  I certainly wouldn’t laugh at it.  I still remember the Madison crowd booing 91 Star.  That was disgusting. 

I cant speak for the rest of BD fans, but personally I had zero issues with people that didn't care for a specific BD show or BD as a whole. We all have different taste and we like what we like. Besides, how boring would it be if we all liked the same thing?

Where I took exception, was the people that made false accusations about BD cheating, having judges on the payroll etc. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I cant speak for the rest of BD fans, but personally I had zero issues with people that didn't care for a specific BD show or BD as a whole. We all have different taste and we like what we like. Besides, how boring would it be if we all liked the same thing?

Exactly.  I preferred BD 2012 over BD 2014 which puts me in a minority I think, and I didn't care for much of anything they did between 2008-2011 or 2013 like a lot of people in this thread have said.  It's just personal taste.  Sentiments like "Tee-hee what the heck is DADA!?!?!?!? tee-hee-hee" being conflated with a lack of excellence by a corps?  GTFO.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lance said:

Exactly.  I preferred BD 2012 over BD 2014 which puts me in a minority I think, and I didn't care for much of anything they did between 2008-2011 or 2013 like a lot of people in this thread have said.  It's just personal taste.  Sentiments like "Tee-hee what the heck is DADA!?!?!?!? tee-hee-hee" being conflated with a lack of excellence by a corps?  GTFO.  

I liked the show where they played Burt Bacharach songs.  The Godfather one.  Dance marathon.  I have no idea what years those were.

There was one show last year that I didn’t care for (I loved BDlast year so it wasn’t them) but I sat politely and watched because they were really good and I respect the members. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I liked the show where they played Burt Bacharach songs.  The Godfather one.  Dance marathon.  I have no idea what years those were.

There was one show last year that I didn’t care for (I loved BDlast year so it wasn’t them) but I sat politely and watched because they were really good and I respect the members. 

If you went to a show with me and didn't know anything about me, you wouldn't know what corps I root for. I give every corps a standing ovation, regardless how I feel about the show, because I know how hard those kids work and I appreciate them giving up their summer to entertain idiots like me. 

Mandarins were in direct competition with Cadets and Phantom last year. I was going bonkers and cheering for those corps just as much as I did Mandarins. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Amen Brother! 

Say it louder for the people in the back!

they performed great. never said they didn't. but i hated the show.

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

they performed great. never said they didn't. but i hated the show.

Oh my comment was speaking in general, not at anyone specific. You are one of my favorite people on this forum Jeff. All love here. 

6 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Oh my comment was speaking in general, not at anyone specific. You are one of my favorite people on this forum Jeff. All love here. 

but i wasn't alone. I remember in 2010, more people than i ever remember leaving before the victory run. Sure, BD perfofmed great. But people didn't like the show.

and you're pretty cool too!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

but i wasn't alone. I remember in 2010, more people than i ever remember leaving before the victory run. Sure, BD perfofmed great. But people didn't like the show.

and you're pretty cool too!

You weren’t in Indy in 2013 IIRC. My first finals experience. I was pretty stunned by the dislike for BD, but I guess it was manifested by silence instead of booing so that’s a win for civility? Of course, a dark, edgy, jazz-based show performed at a high level was right up my alley even if it had some clear design flaws.There were a number of shows I didn’t care for that year but I was jazzed to be there and stood and cheered after every show. To each their own. I do geek out on trying to understand and embrace the concept of each show on its own terms. I almost always get there but not always.

And both you and @Chief Guns are cool 😎, but he is a phenomenon of cool 😂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1