Cadets and bankruptcy

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

plus they can point to putting Cadets on super secret probation back in 18

I had forgotten about that stunt. How crazy was it to think they could just gloss that over and pretend like it never happened??

Sorta like all these sock puppet accounts and dreamers that think that somehow belive that they keep on victim shaming the victims they are going to worm GH back on the podium or in a position of leadership at DCI? 

I could totally see once he gets off probation that he becomes a ghost writer. BOA, DCI Winter Gaurd you name it. Butnif it was ever found out who the real author was those units would either get black balled or pay a heavy price . Or not. It's a fickle industry  that's hell bent on self destruction apparently.  

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Did your dad have help from Mr 9mm?

Now I have the "Scarface" scene for an ear worm. 😄

(was going to post the scene but would probably break some kind of rule)

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

1 hour ago, Icer said:

The board did not get involved in decisions relating to performance, so to that extent there was indeed a rubber stamp. That's what infuriated a segment of the community who wanted the corps leadership replaced (which was, unfortunately, contractually impossible without bankrupting the organization and taking down not only The Cadets, but US Bands and the youth dance studio). But the reason for the conflict was personality and results, not criminality. If you know the people involved, you know that this is an accurate description of the situation.

No one rubber-stamped sexual misconduct because it was not known at the time. If the Philadelphia Inquirer had broken the story in January - which is what should have happened - action would have been taken immediately. We still might be in the same position today, because 1982 was still a long time before and obviously still unresolved for the victim, but at least it would have been a clean break. Instead there was a bunch of anonymous communication that paralyzed the organization. The resulting fallout was 10x worse with no benefit to anyone.

i never said criminal. but the board allowed a culture where one person literally controlled everything. never called out on anything. if he said jump they asked how high.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

No response? What a freaking surprise. (Yeah blew up my sarcasm meter on that one). 

i havent looked lately. i'll check.

23 minutes ago, camel lips said:

I had forgotten about that stunt. How crazy was it to think they could just gloss that over and pretend like it never happened??

Sorta like all these sock puppet accounts and dreamers that think that somehow belive that they keep on victim shaming the victims they are going to worm GH back on the podium or in a position of leadership at DCI? 

I could totally see once he gets off probation that he becomes a ghost writer. BOA, DCI Winter Gaurd you name it. Butnif it was ever found out who the real author was those units would either get black balled or pay a heavy price . Or not. It's a fickle industry  that's hell bent on self destruction apparently.  

let's be clear....even before the new guy George was not coming back. he wasn't wanted by many, and in fact the aura in the room lightened instantly after he was gone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

someone in Erie on i think DrumCorps Coffee Shop claimed to have helped craft the statement and seemed quite pleased with it.

knowing that individual, i can't say i'm surprised he would be. a one note samba kinda guy

That person is not telling the truth. It was crafted by the Board chair with the help of probono PR and legal input. 

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

As we’re continuing this discussion, we need to keep in mind that the lawsuit was the final nail in the coffin, but even without the lawsuit the chances of Cadets taking the field again were slim to none. 

This is not true. Plans for 2024 were well under development as there were positive indications of a settlement. That went up in smoke as soon as people started bashing the plaintiff on social media. he plaintiff ended settlement talks and that effectively ended any chance of the corps surviving. They could not withstand the expense of a lawsuit moving forward. That is what killed the Cadets. After an incredible finish in 2023 the goals for 2024 were even loftier. But, because of the move to go to trial and breakoff settlement discussions, that was the final straw. 

• Thanks 1