Cadets and bankruptcy

2 hours ago, Geneva said:

Is this really the desired remedy sought after by the plaintiff?! 

We don’t know and that is the plaintiff’s business. However, having stood in that person’s shoes when I was 12 years old outlining to detectives in awful detail what took place, then having the perp (a martial arts instructor) show up at my front door several months afterward unannounced and relive those “not at all charming memories” I can say there are occasions where you want the person or party responsible DEAD. It’s been almost 50 years, and I am totally okay with the fact that that person is DEAD. Eff forgiveness. 

“Sometimes you don’t have enough rocks.” —- Forrest Gump

Edited by TRacer
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 6

11 minutes ago, waliman4444 said:

The Cadets(RIP) will ultimately be the organization associated with what goes wrong when sexual abuse/perversion etc. goes unreported and normalized..I can only imagine how lucky some feel today that they've escaped detection in other corps where this behavior was also existent..God bless the child..PEACE

So many organizations have had their fair share of perverts in leadership capacities. Hopkins and Vogt were both Authority figures the same as any of these other staff members that have been accused/convicted of misconduct and sexual perversion with minors but you gotta admit being in the director's seat and carrying as much weight,clout and light that was shown on them as they had sure made The Cadets that Corps that will ultimately be associated with what goes wrong with sexual abuse/perversion. No iff ands or butts about it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Cadets' membership was revoked earlier this year. That was the statement.  What more could anyone at the DCI level add to what was all but a foregone conclusion 6 months ago.

Its what is done in the corporate world . They hope to lower the damages at trial by demonstrating to the courts that they separated themselves from the employee that instigated the lawsuit. In this case DCI separates itself from The Cadets demonstrating to the courts that they are no long affiliated with The Cadets and no longer condone that behavior and hope to get off with a slap on the wrist. 

20 minutes ago, TRacer said:

We don’t know and that is the plaintiff’s business. However, having stood in that person’s shoes when I was 12 years old outlining to detectives in awful detail what took place, then having the perp (a martial arts instructor) show up at my front door several months afterward unannounced and relive those “not at all charming memories” I can say there are occasions where you want the person or party responsible DEAD. It’s been almost 50 years, and I am totally okay with the fact that that person is DEAD. Eff forgiveness. 

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Mine is dead, too.  

It's not much now, but I'm sorry what never should've happened to you both did. Thank you for sharing this, as it will be instructive and inspiring for someone out there that you spoke up.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

they were lapdogs. They did what he wanted

This is oversimplification to the point of intellectual dishonesty. From 1982 to 2017, the only thing that mattered to pretty much the entire Cadets community was whether the corps was winning, and to a lesser extent, solvent. If the winning had continued, it's entirely possible that things would have remained hidden for an indefinite period (with ongoing suffering by the victims). Starting in 2015, both of the aforementioned indicators began pointing down. 100% of the negative chatter in this and related venues were focused on personality and results, not criminal misconduct. As we know, in January 2018 the ground shifted, first quietly and then publicly. Any possibility of preventing a meltdown was undermined by a combination of lack of experience, legal/contractual obstacles, and one or more bad actors. In the end, everyone lost, starting with the victims but with a wide circle of collateral damage as well. I haven't decided yet whether to tell what I know - it will depend on whether any good could come of doing so. The reporter who broke the story offered me an outlet at the time, but I decided I wanted to be done with the whole disgusting mess. However, suffice it to say that the sexual misconduct was only part of the scandal.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, TRacer said:

Heavens. I’m sorry your 12 year old self had to go through that. I hope you have persevered and that you and those who love you are proud of the person you’ve become. 

13 minutes ago, Icer said:

This is oversimplification to the point of intellectual dishonesty. From 1982 to 2017, the only thing that mattered to pretty much the entire Cadets community was whether the corps was winning, and to a lesser extent, solvent. If the winning had continued, it's entirely possible that things would have remained hidden for an indefinite period (with ongoing suffering by the victims). Starting in 2015, both of the aforementioned indicators began pointing down. 100% of the negative chatter in this and related venues were focused on personality and results, not criminal misconduct. As we know, in January 2018 the ground shifted, first quietly and then publicly. Any possibility of preventing a meltdown was undermined by a combination of lack of experience, legal/contractual obstacles, and one or more bad actors. In the end, everyone lost, starting with the victims but with a wide circle of collateral damage as well. I haven't decided yet whether to tell what I know - it will depend on whether any good could come of doing so. The reporter who broke the story offered me an outlet at the time, but I decided I wanted to be done with the whole disgusting mess. However, suffice it to say that the sexual misconduct was only part of the scandal.

I’m sure you mean that the Cadets community wanted winning….the right way.

I can only imagine how deep the legal waters around all of DCI would be today if the G7 agenda had pushed through. It would have made The Cadets more synonymous with DCI than they already were -- and pulled the other corps deeper into their precarious orbit. Maybe the Cadets' legal issues would not be as transitive as I imagine they might have been, but with the quick and quiet way the Cadets were recently stripped of membership and erased from DCI communications, I have to wonder . . . 

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

I can only imagine how deep the legal waters around all of DCI would be today if the G7 agenda has pushed through. It would have made The Cadets more synonymous with DCI than it already was -- and pulled the others deeper into their orbit. Maybe the Cadets' legal issues would not be as transitive as I imagine they might have been, but with the quick and quiet way the Cadets were recently erased from DCI communications, I have to wonder . . . 

Makes me wonder how he squirmed his way into DCA and how he stayed in DCA for as long as he did with Cadets2 ? We will probably never know the details of that.