The Romantics - Blue Devils 2024

5 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I hope BD does something out of the box so people can scratch their heads 😁

How about playing a 7+ minute Buddy Rich song that has a drum solo in the middle?   

oh - wait a minute 

edit - this was way out of the box in 1976

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, craiga said:

Lol!  Funny you should ask....for years, I have been comparing F1 racing to DCI'S Top Twelve!  Until recently however, I have referred to Lewis Hamilton (Team Mercedes) as the Blue Devils of that sport.  Incredible organization,  limitless funding,  and unbridled winning.  Max Verstappen is now surging in the sport....hmmm...perhaps the BAC of F1, Chief??  😀

I think I read that since Covid, Max Verstappen has won like 80% of F1 Races?? That is insane! The only time he loses is when his car has issues. No one has straight up out ran him since I believe 2021/2022. 

Blue Devils is Max Verstappen.

Max Verstappen is Blue Devils. 

Depends on which way you look at it lol. 

FTR........BACs title is coming sooner than later. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

I think I read that since Covid, Max Verstappen has won like 80% of F1 Races?? That is insane! The only time he loses is when his car has issues. No one has straight up out ran him since I believe 2021/2022. 

So, to take this to an anological conclusion, the way BD loses is some sort of electronics or prop failure (hopefully without injury)?

13 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

So, to take this to an anological conclusion, the way BD loses is some sort of electronics or prop failure (hopefully without injury)?

BD losses in 08/11/13/16/18, the other corps was better, and earned their titles. Plain and simple. No excuses. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m not saying it anymore because I said it last year and I think I put bad mojo on them. 

I told my son after the 2022 season that BAC will win one by 2027. I am sticking with that. 

As for this year and the foreseeable future, no one is stopping BD. I'll have to see it to believe it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

BD losses in 08/11/13/16/18, the other corps was better, and earned their titles. Plain and simple. No excuses. 

I know. But your F1 driver Verstappen only loses due to mechanical failure.  Electronics & props are Drum Corps’ mechanicals. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NewArpege said:

Unquestionably, “Methods of Madness” is my favorite.  That show and season was epic, and I remember being shocked seeing BD do something as dark and twisty. And man, they killed it. I was really hoping Ghostlight was going to be a return to the dark side, but it didn’t lean into it as much as I thought in pre-season.  I’d love to see BD dabble with gut wrenching minor cords again, coupled with their modern execution and show design. Ugh. It’d be the stuff dreams are made of. 

I want dark BD too so badly. Ghostlight could have lean towards the dark side, but we only get a smidge of dark in the opening with a little mythological voiceover. Method of Madness is one of the all time.... The way they glide across the field in your face, with that sound.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

How about playing a 7+ minute Buddy Rich song that has a drum solo in the middle?   

oh - wait a minute 

edit - this was way out of the box in 1976

Lol i had to look up 'Buddy Rich' ............ it could still work with an out of the box theme show

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Yeah.. I am quietly cheering for BAC to beat my fave and take that trophy Lol... I meant that. If i see that they have the show to win it all, i will be cheering loudly, but until then GO BD!

• Like 4