The Romantics - Blue Devils 2024

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Bonnie & Clyde?  

Literally twins. That’s what I was thinking!  But I suspect, it’ll be more like The Cutouts where they pick a musician from that era and symbolize them. 

Edited by NewArpege
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Had to look up ‘Buddy Rich’

That is the Google of shame for a Drum Corps fan ….😎

Buddy with the eyeroll during the solo! And that tall trumpeter looks a little like Wayne Downey.

• Like 1

Yeah.  Having to google Buddy Rich.   I feel old.  And Buddy Rich was of my dad's era.  I grew up listening to dad listen to him (then me during high school) on dad's Columbia Record Club LPs.  Which he still has.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Bonnie & Clyde?  

6 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Sid & Nancy?

Ok, I think we have BD’s 2024 show figured out.  
Like 1998 (Romeo & Juliet / WSS) it is a mash-up.  

Bonnie and Clyde and Sid and Nancy. Uses music from the musical Bonnie & Clyde (which is a real thing) & the Sex Pistols.  Note that the four names are alluding to a four-peat. 

Glad we figured this out.  Good work everyone. 

• Haha 7

14 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Ok, I think we have BD’s 2024 show figured out.  
Like 1998 (Romeo & Juliet / WSS) it is a mash-up.  

Bonnie and Clyde and Sid and Nancy. Uses music from the musical Bonnie & Clyde (which is a real thing) & the Sex Pistols.  Note that the four names are alluding to a four-peat. 

Glad we figured this out.  Good work everyone. 

A perfect lead-in to what I felt was a good contribution to this fabulous thread:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

On 4/22/2024 at 7:25 AM, NewArpege said:

I do too. Because when they do, they are usually successful and we get a gem like “Methods of Madness.”

Or the 95 masterpiece. What a hose job because DCI did not want to use "dark" as their champion when presenting to Disney.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2024 at 4:25 PM, Chief Guns said:

I think I read that since Covid, Max Verstappen has won like 80% of F1 Races?? That is insane! The only time he loses is when his car has issues. No one has straight up out ran him since I believe 2021/2022. 

Blue Devils is Max Verstappen.

Max Verstappen is Blue Devils. 

Depends on which way you look at it lol. 

FTR........BACs title is coming sooner than later. 

As a Max Verstappen and a Blue Devils fan, I endorse this post! Max has been sheer dominance since the early stages of 2022 when he swapped a few races with Le Clerc in his Ferrari. But he eventually pulled away and only lost a handful of races down the stretch. Then last year the only losx not to Checo early in the season (and I think, as you noted, he may have had car troubles) was the Singapore race when Sainz won on a night when it was just not working for Max. This year he is looking as dominant as ever. I think he's been on every poll (not counting the Chinese sprint race). That gap he put up on Hamilton in the sprint Sunday after he passed him after he worked out his battery settings was astounding. Made me think of Schumi pulling away and leaving everyone in the vast distance 20 years ago. Now, if only my college football team could be as dominant as BD and Max instead of our hated rivals. But, you can't have everything!

• Like 2