1934foundation.org

16 hours ago, njthundrrd said:

We are.

oh i was sure you were. seems like everyone but the former Cadets board was. and SCV too

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jimmyjames said:

oh there is a lot to tell. I've read a good bit of things you've sent out and about before. It took quite a while for things to catch up to the cadets. But it will eventually catch up to EVERYONE. 

oh good i'll wait for the chapter on me, especially since i didn't march there.

Without all the snide comments, this is a nice idea. It’s just how can anyone trust anything that is going to involve anyone who had responsibility in the Cadets organization.

Again, I’ll back Colin McNutt, or I’ll just donate directly to the corps. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

oh good i'll wait for the chapter on me, especially since i didn't march there.

That was not directed at you. Just those that like to think their sins aren't about to catch up with them. Especially when the behavior is continuing to happen because they don't think anyone has noticed. 

3 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Without all the snide comments, this is a nice idea. It’s just how can anyone trust anything that is going to involve anyone who had responsibility in the Cadets organization.

sadly not everyone was in total agreement on things. all it takes is a majority vote to have decision move forward

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmyjames said:

That was not directed at you. Just those that like to think their sins aren't about to catch up with them. Especially when the behavior is continuing to happen because they don't think anyone has noticed. 

hi,

i'm no saint. i have as many Cadets alumni hating me for what i have brought out here and elsewhere as love me for it for exposing things. my only regret is a dick email i sent not knowing it landed in someones email box when a parent was dying. not what the email said mind you, just the timing. 

i too have my sins. maybe i could have done more to save my old corps. no one is perfect, but some are far less perfect than others. And sometimes people try to amend for past deeds. I know i have tried to. but there's enough good people on there to know, at least to me, the intent here is good and should be above board. Oh and Tommy's there too 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2024 at 6:40 PM, njthundrrd said:

Step in the right direction, thanks!

I'd suggest posting and hosting your 501c3 determination letter there as well.  2 major criteria before donation considering: who am I giving money to, and do I have confirmation that they are actual 501c3? 

Example from a random non-profit online for example:  https://parentbooster.org/resources/501c3-irs-affirmation-letter

Edited by FormerXyloWhiz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

hi,

i'm no saint. i have as many Cadets alumni hating me for what i have brought out here and elsewhere as love me for it for exposing things. my only regret is a dick email i sent not knowing it landed in someones email box when a parent was dying. not what the email said mind you, just the timing. 

i too have my sins. maybe i could have done more to save my old corps. no one is perfect, but some are far less perfect than others. And sometimes people try to amend for past deeds. I know i have tried to. but there's enough good people on there to know, at least to me, the intent here is good and should be above board. Oh and Tommy's there too 🙂

Jeff, my only problem with you is your steadfast refusal to capitalize the first letter of your sentences!  (Former English teacher here 😀)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

When I would help members with their fees, I’d give it directly to them.  The last member I donated to had a gofundme and I went through that.

I think this is a noble idea but I also think people may be hesitant because they don’t want their money seized in legal proceedings. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

When I would help members with their fees, I’d give it directly to them.  The last member I donated to had a gofundme and I went through that.

I think this is a noble idea but I also think people may be hesitant because they don’t want their money seized in legal proceedings. 

Donated twice towards members of a no longer DCI corps. Corps directed me to donate through their set up and not directly to the members. Wonder how much the members an actually got. Wonder as corps didn’t follow its own procedures and when I asked was told to talk to the member (corps organization washed its hands of the matter).

• Like 1