Best Sop Player

Chris Metzger Madison Scouts for his solo work between 73-77. The guy never choked at finals.

Hmmmm, interesting. I absolutely agree. You really don't hear the long 3 minute solo's you heard in the 70's like Metzgers. These days all you hear are screamers and wailers standing on the front lines. Too bad. I am sure there are many VERY good players out there, they just don't get the chance on the field. Maybe at I & E's but I haven't been to one in years.

Oh come on, times change. Stop living in the past. What's wrong with screaming? Nothing, get over it.

Hmmmm, interesting. I absolutely agree. You really don't hear the long 3 minute solo's you heard in the 70's like Metzgers. These days all you hear are screamers and wailers standing on the front lines. Too bad. I am sure there are many VERY good players out there, they just don't get the chance on the field. Maybe at I & E's but I haven't been to one in years.

Oh come on, times change. Stop living in the past. What's wrong with screaming? Nothing, get over it.

w/Stp: ^OO^

I think you're the greatest contra alto of all time.

Edited by ravedodger

I didn't say I hate screamers........ (I've dated a few! :P ) ... um... moving on. All I said was that there is more to solo's then just sitting on the front sidelines turning 5 shades of red trying to hit the highest note ever played. I haven't heard a soloist in a long time able to hit the high notes, wail then a few minutes later make you cry with a soft ballad solo. Listen to Metzger in '74. THAT's what I am talking about!

Edited by dc oldtimer

Sounds a lot like BD's '86 show to me.

Sounds a lot like BD's '86 show to me.

Hmmm... don't remember that one. I'll have to break out my '86 Legecy DVD.

anyone know the name of the madison soloist in 1995?? that guy was pretty amazing b**bs

Jon Schipper