13th and down

Baribrian:

When you say albums I think about all the old drum corps albums that I have in my basement. I wish I still had my turntable!!! I miss hearing the judges

starters pistol, and the two shots that came at the 11:30 point of everyones show.

You know you could purchase a "used" turntable along with a device that connects from your phonograph or cassette deck directly to your computer and burn those babies to CDs. Right now that's what I'm doing. What's so nice is the device comes with a software to take out the "cracks" and "pops" that are normal in old recordings. If you have Cool Edit Pro, that's even better for taking out the noise.

While working on my albums....1981, Garfield Cadets sound only comes through one side. With the Cool Edit program, I was able to restore the missing channel.

This device only cost $99.00 and is well worth the investment. :bleah:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have been writing brass charts for more than 10 years. And always

having some corps to keep comparing to mine on my mind.

I think most of them are from 13th to 20th.

Hey, is this opener agressive like Crossmen 87?

Yo, will this ballad sound like Dutch Boy's "My Way"?

Hmm, I still can't reach to the originality of Marauders 88.

and so on.

A friend of mine always tells me that he wished the 6-12th corps from 88 finals

could be cut to let the 13-18th corps play (sorry, 6-12!!). I agree with it.

ANYWAY, is my English making sense?

Ken "geritubo" Nojiri

The Jokers, Kyoto, Japan

• 2 weeks later...

Geritubo - your English makes perfect sense! Zen zen OK!

I love 1986 27th, 13th. I did not march that year, but I thought it was really entertaining. Perhaps it just improved a little too late... I'd love to see a video of it.

Also, 82 Defenders, 20th, a corps I marched in and still love to listen to. That was a really fun show to play!

--Rick

I still love the dutch Boy 1986 Jetson's show

In many cases top twelve corps don't often get to see 13th place corps and those farther out, so it would be hard for those members to have opinions of the lower echelon corps.

I still say that '82 Suncoast Sound deserved a place in the top twelve that year.  I guess I'll just have to settle for being one of the best 13th place corps to ever compete.

So Russell, are you saying that these corps. don't even listen to 13 and down on the albums? It seems to me given the touring situation in todays drum & bugle corps. schedules, that the upper corps. would get plenty of oppurtunity to view the "Lower echelon" at one point or another.

The top twelve are either rehearsing, on their way to the show, or warming up while the "lower echelon" corps are performing.

And yet so many folks on here from top twelve corps have said that they have listened and enjoyed these other corps. Perhaps they listened to them on recordings or DVDs but they do listen I believe

Southwind 2000 rocks. I would have loved to see a tie for 12th that year.

yeah they did have a good show that season... the guard at bluecoats was really sweating over Southwind in 2000... they ended up beating us in guard in the end...

I remember hearing "You hear that? that's Southwind's guard on your ###!" often... :P

I remember hearing "You hear that? that's Southwind's guard on your ###!" often...  :P

Good thing we didn't hear that in the hornline...