Uniform Changes

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I marched Pio, we changed from khaki pants to black ones mid-season, and I think the change helped our look a little bit. I remember commenting, and having a lot of people agree with me, that "they made our sash", which at the time was a white sash with orange stripe borders and a silver "belt buckle" (very similar to what Kilties will be using this season) "actually look good"

And I agree with Mike about not being too thrilled about the "Roman" hats.

Matt, I could have fallen on my sword when they unveiled those things in Cedarburg last year. The "roman" hat has to go.

You have a sword....??

I'm jealous.

:rolleyes:

When I marched Pio, we changed from khaki pants to black ones mid-season, and I think the change helped our look a little bit. I remember commenting, and having a lot of people agree with me, that "they made our sash", which at the time was a white sash with orange stripe borders and a silver "belt buckle" (very similar to what Kilties will be using this season) "actually look good"

Matt, I could have fallen on my sword when they unveiled those things in Cedarburg last year. The "roman" hat has to go.

You have a sword....??

I'm jealous.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, and you know that hard plastic can leave quite a mark. B)

Call me crazy, but I actually like the old-school "Roman" hat style which Pioneer now has. And I am SO glad they switched from the khaki pants. Almost looked like they were the 27th Pioneer or The New Thing or something.

Beware of those sgian duhbs....I hear they're pretty sharp.

Yes they are...mine fell out of its holster during a show last year so every time i had to do the high mark time it HURT! :(

Oakland Crusaders, 1980. I can say that, having worn it. :(

Amen Sue... tell your dad to BURN that picture... no evidence and we can deny its existance. :sshh:

BK's guard costume designer, every year from 1984-present. My wife is a BK alum, and she is astounded that BK is able to top the "ugliness factor" year after year after year....

Wow, 20 years as a guard designer. That's pretty impressive, but yeah, I'll agree that their costumes the last couple years have been pretty lacking.

Oakland Crusaders, 1980. I can say that, having worn it. :(

Amen Sue... tell your dad to BURN that picture... no evidence and we can deny its existance. :sshh:

If you're referring to the one on Del's site, my dad didn't take that picture. (His are the color photos.) That black-and-white photo was captured for posterity in the 1981 DCI yearbook, and is the only photo I've ever seen of that uniform.