DCA Stories Pre 1990

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody remember what identified you to a corps?  The old "pisscutters". . .(geez, where'd that name come from??).  All the OLD corps had them.  Corps colors, tassle, wore them to parties at Legions, VFWs, the Moose establishments.  Not much of a story. . .more like a memory, I guess.

Still got the ones I had as a kid and the ones my Dad had!

They were in the Corps colors, with the name on one side, you city/state on other, some had the Legion or VFW patch or the Corps emblem..####!!

Darn...

Guess I am showing signs of age

Described to a "T". . .I have no idea what ever happened to mine!!

. . .and yes. . .signs of age! :silly: :P

Anyone remember the 1st Scranton show in 1988? :silly:

I remember the corp director telling us that if something happens at retreat that night to get out of the way.

I remember in 89 being told to watch out in case a repeast happened :P

i dunno what your talking about :silly:

I remember walking out to the bus in my SCV uniform in the parking lot after finals in Denver '78. 3 guys in Banana uniforms walk up to me and plunk down a guy in a Phantom uniform down at my feet. I'm a little nervouse and let them know I'm looking for my bus. Not knowing what this is about. They also presented me with a t-shirt that said 'Phantom Sucks' designed in a cryptic typographic way. I had know idea what it was all about. I just said 'cool' and got the heck out of dodge.

I heard something about Phantoms color guard were mean phat cows from a former drum instructor and would kick the crap out any corps who gave them the one eye. Maybe something was said at retreat.

Mom

Let just state for the record Phantom in '78 was not my most favorite corps. Since last year performance they have earned my respect again and I expect them to be charging strong for the trophy this year.

Mom

i dunno what your talking about :silly:

We were lined up under the back stands,ready to go on.A water bottle was thrown from a member of the corps to a staff member who didnt catch it.It hit someone's foot.Words were exchanged.We marched onto the field and began warmup.The person who was hit in the foot followed the drummer who had accidently hit him with the bottle ONTO the FIELD.Bad move. Drums were dropped and a short scuffle ensued.I think we did the 1st tune at about 208 bpm.That was a great year and the corps had a lot of pride and heart(we started the season with 17 horns and wound up tieing for 1st with sun).

I remember walking out to the bus in my SCV uniform in the parking lot after finals in Denver '78. 3 guys in Banana uniforms walk up to me and plunk down a guy in a Phantom uniform down at my feet. I'm a little nervouse and let them know I'm looking for my bus. Not knowing what this is about. They also presented me with a t-shirt that said 'Phantom Sucks' designed in a cryptic typographic way. I had know idea what it was all about. I just said 'cool' and got the heck out of dodge.

That might have something to do with the dq in 77.