SCV 35th Alumni Performance

Can someone please tell me when SCV Alumni Corps will be performing in Madison. I will be there for Semis and Finals, and really don't want to miss seeing them. Whenever we took a vote in the Regiment as to who our favorite corps other than PR was, SCV always won. They will always hold a special place in my heart. :)

Hey Don,

Unless the schedule has changed.....

SCV Alumni Corps will go on right BEFORE the Top 12 Finals Night (Sat.) :D

and regarding to the 'white boots'..... wished the 'Bottle Dance' could have

been done with 33 pairs out on the field!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trish,

In case you haven't already seen it ... check out marchingarts.com, photo gallery from 7/7, shot #19. I think that's your little boy.

regarding to the 'white boots'..... wished the 'Bottle Dance' could have been done with 33 pairs out on the field!

I don't think they would have looked so good with thosse stylish outfits you ladies (were there gentlemen?) were wearing.

How about a uniform change before Bottle Dance? Maybe we could dig up the tunnel from 85-86!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I didn't know that SCV had an Alumni Corp. let alone that they will be in Madison. Can't wait to see them!!!!! I usually show up at finals just to see the top 5. (I usually see the top 12 in prelims.. err.. semi-finals. Showed my age there)

Ya know, I ALWAYS get a chill running up and down my spine whenever I talk about The Santa Clara Vanguard. SCV was in one of my first drum corp shows I attended when they did the original bottle dance. From that moment on I was a HUGE fan! My admiration grew through the years as I realized that they are not only great on the field but are probably the classiest corp in the business. While listening to my 1992 Legacy DVD the other day I watched the interview with Gayle Royer (sorry if I misspelled) and I can see exactly where the corp learned the RIGHT way of doing things.

My undying respect for SCV grew even more (if possible) when they turned to the Cavaliers during finale at last years in finals, played for them and saluted. The only corp to do so. MAN, I have those chills again right now!!! I am sure in their hearts they felt that they should have won but they were not so buried in their own self pity to show the RESPECT toward the Champions. No matter who the corp was.

Keep it going SCV. You bring the activity to a higher level. So high that I feel that some corps just don't get it!

I'll never have respect for SCV as long as Danny Pena is playing in the alumni corps! Hehhehheh :D

Wow, I didn't know that SCV had an Alumni Corp. let alone that they will be in Madison. Can't wait to see them!!!!! I usually show up at finals just to see the top 5. (I usually see the top 12 in prelims.. err.. semi-finals. Showed my age there)

Thanks for your wonderful comments.

The SCV Alumni Corps got together in 1997 for the Corps 30th Anniversary.

Now, we are back for SCVs 35th Anniversary. (the idea of every 5

years is what we have in mind)

The Corps performs in a 'Concert Style' form...sorry no drill.

We, the Guard, will move around a bit, and yes, perform the

Bottle Dance.

And that 'cracking' sound you hear?...Well, that's just our knees on the way down.

We will be housed at the Regent Dorms and not sure where we will practice. Guess all we need is a parking lot for the horn and drum lines,

and a patch of grass for the guard.

:blink: