SCV 05 snareline

Morgoth Bauglir

LuvsPaiste said:

"Hey Rick- Was 27th's snare line still matched grip when you marched?"

** Yep, all three years.

Mobrien said (re someone stealing the tilt-o-matic action):

"Ah, but you know that SCV wasn't the first there - the '82 Cavaliers snare line had a tilt in their carriers. "

** Really! No, I did not know. I will have to check that out. What's old is new!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, ya know, Bridgemen had a tilt still when folks were moving to harnesses, but that is because they were on slings, so...

Main Entry: van·guard

Pronunciation: 'van-"gärd also 'va[ng]-

Function: noun

1 : the troops moving at the head of an army

2 : the forefront of an action or movement

They lead... they don't follow... never have

As much as I personally enjoy playing traditional grip, I'm really excited to see how SCV does with this.

Will they still do 'the chicken wing' with the right arm and have an asymmetrical matched grip or will they strive for total uniformity?

I've always believed that Tom Float's early 80s lines killed the matched grip movement -- it will be very interesting to see if Gusseck's lines revitalize things...

It doesn't matter if their holding tooth pics. It's all in the swagger.

BTW I played in SCV '78 snare (match grip) the last show of the year finals Denver we switched to traditional grip for the final push 'If You Believe' right before the 'Bottle Dance'.

One advantage of match I remember is it easyier to achieve higher quality of sound while playing rolls as well low taps can reach more volume at lower levels.

Now with match grip they can play even more agressive. I predict they will go through atleast 2 sets of snares over the next summer. LOL.

Dennis

Here's a tech question...when going to/from level/tilt, does any work have to be done of the drums themselves? Adjusting the hooks is simple enough but the snares...a different attachment bracket, perhaps?? I'd hate to have to drill a hole in the shell to make it work...