Where was your favorite Competition?

I liked competing at U.S. Open, the DCM Championships, and the Show of Shows in Rockford. I still have my U.S. Open champion medallions. ^OO^

Hated Montreal. The sound bounced everywhere and the box was on the 40. Scranton is right behind Montreal. Lackawanna Stadium is a baseball field and one of the baselines is between two yardlines, among other markings. On a positive note, for the first time, the bases were covered this year.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked IU at Bloomington. Also Murray KY

The US Open! That was where I saw my first drum corps shows.

• 2 years later...

World Opens at Manning Bowl in Lynn Mass. My favorite. Competing, then sitting in the stands on the backside of the field with all the other corps waiting and watching.

For some reason "back in the day" CYO in Boston always seemed like the best and most knowledgable drum corps fans.

Kind of like going to a baseball game in St. Louis.

Manning Bowl - World Open (RIP) They tore down the stadium last year. I used to pass it each night on my way home from work and almost cried when I saw the wrecking ball. This was the first "big" show I ever saw, and the first I ever got to compete in. We came in third in Class B, losing to the Oshkosh Warriors and I forgot who was in second?? :blink:

For a young drum corps fan THIS WAS THE SHOW!!! Tons of corps, and being next door to Revere, you could literally hear 3 or 4 corps practicing from my house. Pure excitement - like drum corps Christmas!

Edited by A27Lancer

Manning Bowl - World Open (RIP) They tore down the stadium last year. I used to pass it each night on my way home from work and almost cried when I saw the wrecking ball. This was the first "big" show I ever saw, and the first I ever got to compete in. We came in third in Class B, losing to the Oshkosh Warriors and I forgot who was in second?? :blink:

For a young drum corps fan THIS WAS THE SHOW!!! Tons of corps, and being next door to Revere, you could literally hear 3 or 4 corps practicing from my house. Pure excitement - like drum corps Christmas!

They ruin everything. That was the Drum Corp "Colosseum". I really loved going there. 100's of corps. My friends and I had "Business cards " We made in school, with our names and corps and numbers to give out to kids we met from other corps. That was the place. The smell, sound, people. Loved it. Yes Yes "Drum Corp Christmas"

Loved the Manning Bowl...competed in the 71 WO prelims and finals, coming in 6th.

Also Maxwell field in Wildwood....not because the field was good (it was terrible) but we got to spend a day at the shore in June and September for AL/VFW States in NJ. :P