Things We'd Like to See

I'd like to see the "concert" number added again. Like the old days when you just showed off your musicianship not your athletic ability...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Park and Bark, eh?

Oooo yeah, bring that back! nodsnodsnodsnodsnodsnodsnodsnods

I'd like to see guards go back to more equipment work and less dance and "emoting".

I'd like to see the guard wear uniforms again, instead of "costumes".

I'd like to see less classical music and more music for the people.

I'd like for corps themselves to stop having to issue "liner notes" when they announce their show. If you can't convey it with drill, music and choreography, you're not conveying it to the audience.

Yes, less emoting. They do however, a lot more equipment "movement" than what was done before. A heck of a lot more than we ever did. It just doesn't seem to be as crisp and clean as back then though. Probably because it's so FAST!

Maybe not "exactly" the same uniform as the rest of the corps. If SCV guard went back and wore the Aussies and white boots, they couldn't do what they do today. But, I would like to see more of a uniform that "identifies" them with the rest of the Corps. SCV '87 is still my absolute favorite. Feminine, usable, still "SCV"

Yes on NO liner notes. I'm an intelligent person. Let ME interpret it as I like.

Have to whole heartily disagree "less classical music". You would then have to kiss Phantom and SCV goodbye if that would happen. Do you mean "esoteric music"?

This forum is about DRUM CORPS not MARCHING BAND, electronics in the pit??? Thats why you march in MARCHING BAND! No woodwinds no electronics, DRUMS and BUGLES!!!! Thats why it's called DRUM and BUGLE CORPS!!! :worthy:

Can't keep my mouth(fingers?) shut on this one!!

100% Agree!!! :music:

Bring back actual drum features/solos that demonstrate technical skill and demand of the battery. Too bad we don't hear solos like "Stone Ground Seven," or "Black Market Juggler" anymore. Year-in and year-out, virtually every drumline today does the same segmented formula--fractured snare, tenor, bass sequence. It's boring and compositionally static.

I'd like to see/hear more variety in the horn lines.

Today most corps have the same instrumentation and therefore a very similar sound.

In the past that wasn't the case. For example, in the middle voices they use to use more types of horns, alto bugles, french horn bugles, flugle bugles, and mellows. That gave each horn line a more unique sound.

I think with todays horn lines they could use cornets or flugle horns more, at least for small ensemble and solo work, to add depth to the horn line.

Edited by shawn craig

This forum is about DRUM CORPS not MARCHING BAND, electronics in the pit??? Thats why you march in MARCHING BAND! No woodwinds no electronics, DRUMS and BUGLES!!!! Thats why it's called DRUM and BUGLE CORPS!!! :music:

Again, what I want to see is what I wrote...note that I am not trashing what YOU want to see...I thiought that was the point of the thread.

Mike

I would like to see drum corps...

not musical theatre... drum corps

not marching band... drum corps

not show choir... drum corps

This is what I think.

This forum is about DRUM CORPS not MARCHING BAND, electronics in the pit??? Thats why you march in MARCHING BAND! No woodwinds no electronics, DRUMS and BUGLES!!!! Thats why it's called DRUM and BUGLE CORPS!!! :music:

I'd like to see the "concert" number added again.  Like the old days when you just showed off your musicianship not your athletic ability...

Bring back actual drum features/solos that demonstrate technical skill and demand of the battery. Too bad we don't hear solos like "Stone Ground Seven," or "Black Market Juggler" anymore. Year-in and year-out, virtually every drumline today does  the same segmented formula--fractured snare, tenor, bass sequence. It's boring and compositionally static.

I would like to see drum corps...

not musical theatre... drum corps

not marching band... drum corps

not show choir... drum corps

This is what I think.

ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!

IS WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE!! B)

I'd like to see more nudity. You just don't get enough nudity in drum corps.

I'd like to see DCI die out and independent styles return to the activity.

I'd like to see drum corps that are affordable for the kids.

I'd like to see drum corps affordable for the ticket purchaser again.

I'd like to see more volunteering in the organization.

I'd like to see Optiramas return.