Hershey Spectacular cancelled

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer! I used to love that show and Allentown. I remember we went to the Hershey factory. That was always cool.

Maybe Destiny's child will break up before then or Beyonce's ego will get too big for herself again... :sshh: :rock:

Alright, no more Hershey Bars!

You can still eat the chocolate.

Hershey the chocolate company is a completely seperate entity from HersheyCo. They have nothing whatsoever to do with this.

You can still eat the chocolate.

Hershey the chocolate company is a completely seperate entity from HersheyCo.  They have nothing whatsoever to do with this.

I believe they are indeed owned by the same folks. Hershey Park, which is operated

by Hershco, was built by the Hershey Chocolate Company. Of course, they may have

sold the park since then, but from what I've heard 90% of the entire town is company

owned.

If you check out some of the info on the older threads when this puppy first broke, you'll read that HERCO always operated this way, and apparently always kept things open in case something BIG broke (I'm assuming Densitys Children is considered BIG? Well maybe "B-Bouncays" ego is)

So to Five Star, this was business as usual, no written contract until the day after the show...etc...

Rutty old sods! I can't wait for the bad press to hit the papers! That'll be fun to read... maybe I'll have to contribute to it!

I do have to ask, however, why, in this day and age, did Five Star try to run

this show on a verbal contract.  If they had taken care of business a few

months ago and "put it in writing" they would not be experiencing this

problem now.

ok thats the official stuff, here's my personal thoughts:

HERCO was ###### off Five STar sued and jacked the prices up and refused to negotiate.

here's what those ######## don't realize:

they will lose $20-30,000 in parking revenue that night.

They will lose $10-20,000 in concessions that night.

They will lose added revenue with tie ins for people going to other HERCO properties such as HersheyPark and the hotels the company owns.

The community will lose the tax that was on every ticket sold, plus all the revenue driven from people staying at non Herco hotels, eating at area restaurants, etc.

Hershey, to settle a grudge just ####ed themselves out of recouping their legal fees in ancillary revenue.

and, IMO, this effectively kills drum corps at Hershey ever again...after 60 years.

HERCO, you reap what you sow. you are so lucky the local paper didnt put in their stories about how you broke your own contracts. Don't worry, I will put it in the paper for you.

Where's the Current Events Forum when you need it? ^0^

I do have to ask, however, why, in this day and age, did Five Star try to run

this show on a verbal contract.  If they had taken care of business a few

months ago and "put it in writing" they would not be experiencing this

problem now.

Don't forget it takes BOTH sides to agree to have a written contract signed.

And from what I read in the Senior Forum, HERCO and Hershey Foods are seperate but both are controlled by the Hershey Trust which (I think) is has to do with the Milton Hershey (former Orphans) school. Think of 'em as first cousins.

I believe they are indeed owned by the same folks. Hershey Park, which is operated

by Hershco, was built by the Hershey Chocolate Company. Of course, they may have

sold the park since then, but from what I've heard 90% of the entire town is company

owned.

They used to be owned by the same people, but the park and entertaiment wing were splintered off some time ago. As it stands they are now 2 different companies (which Hershey Chocolate Company was VERY quick to point out when I called them by mistake. They're gonna get a bad rap for this unfortunately when people stop buying their chocolate over an issue they had nothing to do with).

unbelievably sad day for Drum Corps, that was one of my favorite shows to march and I'm sure there are many more people on there that share the same sentiments. Here's hoping that their sales for Destiny's Child are complete and total ####, taking even more money out of HERCOs revenues.