Hershey Spectaculat cancelled

This whole situation is a shame. Since they are primarily concerned about $$, the way to send a message is TELLING them we will scratch Hershey Park from our list of potential vacations, tell as many other people to do the same and that we will only be eating Nestle's chocolate! :rock:

Really thinking this is more about payback than making more money at this point. There was a lot of publicity in the area and HERCO came out looking bad (wonder why). Now HERCO can say they (HERCO) tried to keep the show alive but 5 Star was the one who backed out.

Of course, doubling the price won't be mentioned in any HERCO statements.

PS - Haven't picked up the Sunday paper yet...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sent to HERCO and the Hershey Trust:

Hello,

I am writing to let you know how very disgusted I am with your company. I have attended every Hershey Spectacular since 1969...the year I was born. I attended the injunction hearing, and I was appalled to hear VP Matthew Ford admit on the stand that you broke your own written contracts by selling and printing tickets....not just for the drum and bugle corps competition, but also for events like the Big 33.

Seeing how your attorneys stated publicly they would negotiate in faith in the newspapers, and seeing now that they wanted to increase the costs to ridiculous levels show me that I had the Hershey Entertainment and Resorts pegged correctly all along...you care about the money.

You should feel lucky the full truth did not come out in the Patriot News about how your company operates. You should Also know that I plan to let the Patriot News readers know what their reporter left out, as well as numerous Drum and Bugle corps outlets such as Drum Corps World, Drum Corps Planet and others.

Drum and Bugle corps has a 60 year old history in your venue, attended by thousands of people from all over the world. Generations of families have been there for this show. I myself grew up watching my father perform there, and in turn he got to see me do the same. Now we'll probably never get to see the next generation go on.

For years I defended HERCO....because of your goals and how you help the Hershey Trust. No longer. Now, I will never recommend your attractions or products to anyone.

Finally...you have now left 1000's of performers stranded on a date they planned on performing in front of a large crowd. These men and women....of all ages, 13 to 70 will not get that chance to perform at a show respected around the world. Youth, adults and even the United States Marine Drum and Bugle Corps....The Commandant's Own.....will lose out on a chance to make magic on a field so much magic has been made on.

Shame on your company. I hope you can all sleep at night. I won't be, because a family tradition has been ruined by your greed and lust for revenge for being sued.

Jeff Ream

wow........nicely written Jeff.

Any person this is sent to that doesn't feel like a complete piece of #### after reading it has no soul.

What Hershey stands to lose...

5-6,000 people paying $7.00 to park, $6.00 for beers, $2.50 for waters!

That's over and above what the Density's Offspring concert will bring in! #### the parking alone should give them the incentive to want this show to happen!

If just half of the total gate paid for parking, that's appx. $17,500.00 in parking ALONE! $17,500.00!!! That's not chump change for a few hours!

Last night the Dave Matthews concert had appx. 30,000 people attend if one THIRD of the total gate paid to park that's $70,000.00! JUST TO FREAKING PARK! That's not even any concessions! (Beer and water lines were hopping!..not to mention the long funnel cake lines!)

It's a very spiteful lose - lose situation for them! Let's hope the bad press makes them squirm!

########!

This whole situation just absolutely, positively sucks. <**>

Fran

What Hershey stands to lose...

5-6,000 people paying $7.00 to park, $6.00 for beers, $2.50 for waters!

That's over and above what the Density's Offspring concert will bring in!  #### the parking alone should give them the incentive to want this show to happen!

########!

Not to sound anti drum corps( I am most certainly Pro corps) but

You would be surprised what the Hip hop/wannabe culture will bring in.Those guys are well funded if you catch my drift and will steal the town blind to get the money to attend this show.

to date nothing in the local media that i have seen and heard

This whole situation just absolutely, positively sucks.    <**>

Fran

What he said!......(thanks Fran)

The whole situation is pretty disappointing. To look at the big picture, there really needs to be a call for Integrity among the business community and within government. This is just another example of the complete lack of Integrity we're dealing with in this country. There's scandal after scandal, mass-layoffs, salary dilution, exportation of jobs.. all designed to make money for... who? Now we have watch this activity fall victim to it.

Like the Don says, If you have to lie, cheat or steal, you simply aren't doing it right. It stems from complete incompetance, lack of talent, bad taste and laziness. Yet there's no accountability for folks like this. Hopefully people wake up and start pushing back. How many bags of gold are enough?

right, but my numbers are over and above what will be taken in for that concert!

I'm VERY positive that the Giant Center will sell out, the parking and concessions will take in a HUGE amount of cash!, But there's still MUCHO DINERO to be lost by not holding that show, as well as the bad press they receive as a result!

Not to sound anti drum corps( I am most certainly Pro corps) but

You would be surprised what the Hip hop/wannabe culture will bring in.Those guys are well funded if you catch my drift and will steal the town blind to get the money to attend this show.