The Anti-Narration BD Thread

I think there has been a corps or two that has omitted things from programs because they don't work. In fact, I think that happens to every corps every year. Egg on their face? Well, if you hate something enough, I guess I can understand using that phrase.

Also, Mike was very clear to say it was his opinion that the narration worked. Why do you laugh at it?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opinion, not fact.

Mike

It's all opinion!

I took my girlfriend for her first time to a drum corps contest at the M'boro show. I didn't even show her any videos because I wanted her experience to be one of suprise. Guess what, she found much of the shows cheesy. The corps she enjoyed were Madison, PR and Bluecoats. She had comments about the Cavies but I won't go there! Either way, she found the narration very cheesy and distracting. So from someone who doesn't know the difference, I was glad to hear I'm not being closed minded. Like I said, it's all opinion but I highly doubt those of us who do not like the narration are as much of a minority as some of you think! The amount of people who do not like narration/singing is fact, not opinion and I think if DCI wants to continue it's so-called-success, then they should take heed and listen up or risk losing/alienating (in my opinion) a large chunck of it's support.

Exactly. I don't think all people who don't like what they've heard from corps using amps are closed-minded. It's all opinion. My nephews were all new to drum corps last year, and they really liked the narration. That doesn't make them any more openminded than your girlfriend, it simply means they have a different opinion. Not fact. Opinion. :)

Guest DrumCorpFan
Opinion, not fact.

Mike

I guess I have to say that it is my opinion that I never heard anyone walking away saying "wow, those amped vocals are it. I'm buying their souvies."

I don't like all the narration, but the thing that bugs me most is that the whole thing goes backwards. I was at Murf and everyone around me was sratching their heads and asking "what just happened?"

I guess I have to say that it is my opinion that I never heard anyone walking away saying "wow, those amped vocals are it. I'm buying their souvies."

No, that's a fact. It does nothing to make your opinions about amps anything more than opinions, though.

<snip>

the fact is BAC removed their narration as much as they could without having egg on their face because it didnt work.

Crown had their best show despite, DESPIT cheezy, Up with people type singing and silly poetry......had these things not been included this show would have been the buzz of the century.......not the mediocre rememberance it is now...nevermind the technical mess at many shows....it just didnt get the applause and recognition some would like it to have....

~G~

These are facts? Let me guess - because you say so, huh? "cheesy and silly poetry" because you deem it so, huh? I know - you are the elected spokesperson for an invisible hoarde of "fans" without whom drum corps wouldn't exist, right? Crown's 2004 show is a "mediocre remembrance"? Maybe to you and the invisible hoarde - but not to me (whom you most certainly do NOT speak for). :rolleyes:

<big snippage>

I rest my case.

~G~

Is that a promise??? :rolleyes::beer:

I guess I have to say that it is my opinion that I never heard anyone walking away saying "wow, those amped vocals are it.  I'm buying their souvies."

Uh...no....unless you forgot someone...it is indeed be a fact that you have never heard anyone say that.

Calling something 'cheesy' is an opinion...

...unless we are talking Swiss, Gruyere, Stilton, Mozzerella, etc... :)

Mike