The Anti-Narration BD Thread

I don't like all the narration, but the thing that bugs me most is that the whole thing goes backwards. I was at Murf and everyone around me was sratching their heads and asking "what just happened?"

I even heard some people chuckle with some comments like "what's this?" I don't think everyone has had the chance to hear corps with vocal/narration. Two of my colleagues went to the M'boro show for the first time in 2 years so it was their first time seeing a corps with narration. They both didn't care for it either. Said it distracted from the show and wasn't necessary. The only time I heard narration that had anything to do with the show (and wasn't annoying!) was the opening of Cadets' show. Although, I could have gone without it, it was the only example where it served any purpose. But I still don't like it.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DrumCorpFan
Uh...no....unless you forgot someone...it is indeed be a fact that you have never heard anyone say that.

Calling something 'cheesy' is an opinion...

...unless we are talking Swiss, Gruyere, Stilton, Mozzerella, etc...  :)

Mike

As you could probably tell, I was being sarcastic.

Question: How many people walked away from Bostons and Crown show, shaking their head in amazement saying "Wow, did you hear what that guy just said? That was amazing" "Im gonna go buy a t-shirt from that corps now"

They didn't have to. Despite the warped impressions the discussions here might leave, lots of people left dozens of stadiums last year with little but praise for Crown EVEN THOUGH the show included amped singing and talking. Heck, I sat next to a G-bugles era vet guy at one Crown show last year who had no pre-knowledge of what was to come. His response when Crown was done: "Loved it. LOVED it. Loved it all."

And not for nothing, let's not overlook the fact that Crown might have its best-ever brass and guard this year. It would be a mistake to assume all that talent showed up only after they knew for certain Crown wouldn't have any singing this year. No, it surely would be closer to the truth to assume they came to Crown EVEN THOUGH last year's show introduced amped singing and talking.

HH

<**> YOWZA,YOWZA,YOWZA!---i saw BD for the first time in indy---OMG---the narration absolutely stinks!

i have no idea why they would use this--it takes AWAY from the show-- a great deal of the people in the stands said the same thing--some actually expressed sorrow for BD.

the greatest comment was "what the he.. was that?"

i think things have gone way over-the-edge!

YOWZA-YOWZA-YOWZA---WHAT'S NEXT?

bob b**bs

These are facts?  Let me guess - because you say so, huh?  "cheesy and silly poetry" because you deem it so, huh?  I know - you are the elected spokesperson for an invisible hoarde of "fans" without whom drum corps wouldn't exist, right?  Crown's 2004 show is a "mediocre remembrance"?  Maybe to you and the invisible hoarde - but not to me (whom you most certainly do NOT speak for). :rolleyes:

Not sure if you can recall from last year but the fact is that BAC started their season with a show full of narration that was mostly removed by the end. It wasnt working, that is as a fact. And rest easy, it is also a fact that I have no desire or inclination to ever speak for you, yours, or anything you might choose to represent.

~G~

And, just so you know, I do finally remember who you are and from this point forward, regardless of what you write, how enticing it is, or how much I want to, I will not respond to anything you write here directed at me or otherwise.

Take care.

And rest easy, it is also a fact that I have no desire or inclination to ever speak for you, yours, or anything you might choose to represent.

~G~

Thank goodness for small favors! :P Just to be clear - I represent no one but myself.

And, just so you know, I do finally remember who you are and from this point forward, regardless of what you write, how enticing it is, or how much I want to, I will not respond to anything you write here directed at me or otherwise.

Take care.

I would expect as much - considering our PM exchanges last year. :rolleyes: <**>

<**> YOWZA,YOWZA,YOWZA!---i saw BD for the first time in indy---OMG---the narration absolutely stinks!

i have no idea why they would use this--it takes AWAY from the show-- a great deal of the people in the stands said the same thing--some actually expressed sorrow for BD.

the greatest comment was "what the he.. was that?"

i think things have gone way over-the-edge!

YOWZA-YOWZA-YOWZA---WHAT'S NEXT?

bob b**bs

I heard some of the same comments in the crowd at Muff.I agree that it detracted from the show.

I saw the BD at Murfreesboro, but was not impressed with the narration through out it. I thought the show design was interesting with the idea of going backwards in a dance-off, but all they needed was a statement at the begining saying "and the last couple standing is" and at the end a statement saying " let the marathon begin" or something like that. The rest should have been told through the music and visual, no narration needed. I deffinately thought the narration detracted from the show. Musically I can't really remember anything. All I hear in my head when thinking about the show is the narration. Those arround me seemed to have similar opinions.

BD 2005:

Best. Winterguard Show. Ever.

Oops, did I just say that out loud? :P

Yep thats about the size of it! I'm sorry but I simply had to boycott Corps this year because of that stupid crap. They will never see another dime from me until they stop using it too!