HOLY ####ING ####!

i've seen the show live, i've heard the old apd, the new one too, show is visually dirty here and there, but some of the scores they're getting all around just make me roll my eyes. keep it up scv, i've loved this show from day one and will continue to root for you regardless of the puzzling scores :) thank you for bringing this to the field :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw SCV twice in San Antonio. First from section 113 row 24 seat 9 in the day show. Then setion 312 row 8 seat 9 in the evening show. I agree their music was powerful and gave me chills. But, once I got upstairs, I think their visual show is holding them back. The horns and drums were as great upstairs as they were downstairs But in my humble opinion, I think visuals are keeping them down. But man! I got goose bumps watching them! Raw Power!

Edited by boxingfred

SCV mello line  :blink:  :worthy:    wow, they are really hot!  especially  rockin RCM.  It feels like they have a brassline much better than 10th, but i guess everyone else is just that good this year.

I agree that the mellos sound really good. BUT overall, the show was dirty...DIRTY...D-I-R-T-Y!!!!! I bought the ADP BECAUSE of this thread, thinking that they must have made huge strides since CA...I don't feel like they really did. I heard some breaks from breathing (uncalled for when you have 60 horns), bumpy marching (shouldn't happen, especially in San Antonio), and some really strange dynamics written in. You all can go ahead and flame me if you want because I love SCV and am in no way saying they suck. I'm just saying, without even listening to ALL of the ADP's, I'm not surprised this show got 9th.

Bit off topic, but did anyone notice the "marching soldiers" sound at the beginning of the third movement (4:45-4:50)?  I don't know if that's what it's MEANT to be, but it's what I thought of.  Kinda cool if that's what it's meant to be.  If not, then it's still cool anyway!

That's what it's mean to be, and, yes, it's cool....

If you haven't heard their '91 show, do so....same thing (faster tempo though)

Wow...just wow...

I will freely admit that I have not seen the visual end of this show, but I just downloaded the APD after all this talk and the way the original poster talked about this show and I definately was so wrong about this show. Before tonight I had not heard it and loved to bash it but wow is this a great show...such excitement and power! GO SCV! You have my stamp of approval...like thats worth anything, but you definately have another fan in the stands this year! :worthy:

My apologized for the generous amount of bashing I served up to you guys thus far in the season.

I will freely admit that I have not seen the visual end of this show, but I just downloaded the APD after all this talk ...

Haven't seen the APD but I was in San Antonio last night. Have all of you who are emoting about this show based on the APD seen/heard the competition? As SCV marched off, I had two thoughts:

1. Vis program was no better in design or execution than BK or Glassmen

2. Wonder if they're being judged against themselves and not the other corps...

Then Crown and Bluecoats came out and just blew me away, and it went on from there...

I agree that SCV has a great music book, but the competition isn't exactly sitting on their behinds. That's why drum corps is so great. We can be mightily entertained by the 9th place corps, and have two hours of show ahead of us.

Edited by marty_lucy

Haven't seen the APD but I was in San Antonio last night.  Have all of you who are emoting about this show based on the APD seen/heard the competition?  As SCV marched off, I had two thoughts:

1.  Vis program was no better in design or execution than BK or Glassmen

2.  Wonder if they're being judged against themselves and not the other corps...

Then Crown and Bluecoats came out and just blew me away, and it went on from there...

I agree that SCV has a great music book, but the competition isn't exactly sitting on their behinds.  That's why drum corps is so great.  We can be mightily entertained by the 9th place corps, and have two hours of show ahead of us.

My motivation for this thread is because I'm a fan of SCV, this had NOTHING to do with their, or anyone else's competition.

My motivation for this thread is because I'm a fan of SCV, this had NOTHING to do with their, or anyone else's competition.

Fair enough. Just seemed like several folks who responded took their cue from the "#### the placement" in your original post to question SCV's placement. Maybe I misread it too. Anyway, yup, the emotion is definitely there. RCM rules, in concert and on the field.