HOLY ####ING ####!

Good to hear from you Cary, how's the son doing this season?

He's doing great - having his best season so far at BK....working very hard and making steady improvments out there. It was good to see him this weekend and then he is gone for three more weeks. We'll see what happens with BK and SCV. Thanks for asking...hope all is well out there.

Cary

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich,

Thank you for starting this thread!  I immediately went and downloaded the SA apd...  It is awesome!!  I will be seeing them live tomorrow in Broken Arrow, and I can't wait to hear this live!!  Go SCV!!! B)

Thanks Jeff, have a great time seeing them live, and let us know how that went if you would. :)

I've read some of the reviews from the past couple shows, and looks like SCV has ALOT of fans that feel the same. :)

Having read all the negative publicity about this year's edition of the Vanguard, I feared the worst and was somewhat apprehensive about what I would witness on the field. After having seen the corps three times this weekend -- once in Houston and twice in San Antonio -- suffice it to say, the Vanguard has, once again, provided my favorite show of the summer. Yes, there are some issues (both musically and visually) that are holding them back but I was dumbfounded when they were placed in 9th. When the "chorale" theme of Russian Christmas Music finally emerges in all its majesty, I had chills. It is one of many marvelous moments in this program.

Thank you, SCV.

When the "chorale" theme of Russian Christmas Music finally emerges in all its majesty, I had chills. 

Word, I felt the same way, as it DEFINITELY my played to my "heart strings". :)

I saw the show in San Antonio and was also disappointed by the placement and scores. I did comment to others that when this showed matured it would climb up the ladder quite nicely.

I was bothered by the lack of drill execution, which I have come to expect from SCV. I was also bothered that the guard, in both costuming and work, did not 'support' the show.

This is really making me mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy: I only get to see one show this year and it's the one SCV didn't qualify to go to (Murfreesboro).

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ***cry sob sob sob*** I wanna seeee Santa Cwara!! ***tantrum tantrum**** :worthy: :worthy: Im wanna seeee Wushin Cwismas Music!!! Please please please please....DCI....let them come. :worthy: :worthy: :(

Edited by torn8o

Its nice to read a positve thread about SCV....so much negativity about them on most others.

I haven't seen them yet, and won't until Foxboro, so I have a couple questions for those of you who have seen them recently:

1. How is their colorguard performing? Do they have a good program?

2. How is the ending of the show? I have read on other posts that the ending is lacking intensity.

I have also read that SCV is fielding a very young corps this year...if this is true, and if they are performing as well as some of you mention, I think next year should be one to be excited about.

I have to admit, I really like Crown and BAC this year, so its tough for me to pull for them to pass these two....but good luck nonetheless! I just can't wait to purchase this year's CD/DVD.....what pure entertainment from all 12 corps (13 if we have a tie in semis :P ) this year it should be!

2. How is the ending of the show?  I have read on other posts that the ending is lacking intensity.

Early on during the season....... Yes

Currently, #### no! :P