Murfreesboro Voting Cancelled

DCI can make it harder to manipulate.  They probably can't make it fool proof.  It might be better to hand out voting slips (like MLB does for its All-Star game) at each DCI sponsored show.  Handed out as you enter the gate, collected as you leave the show.  No one could fill out too many in that scenario, and the show sponsors would have to return all filled and unfilled ballots to DCI. 

Good, positive suggestion. Perhaps more cumbersome, but it might be well worth it! :blink: ^OO^

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DrumCorpFan
Aren't you agreeing here that YEA could be to blame?? Where is your factual evidence. I recieved newsletter updates from a few Div. 1 corps asking for my vote.

I'm not blaming anyone for anything. I just said that I got it too. Got one from the Scouts as well, if I remember correctly.

Sarcasm turned on!!!

Voting irregularities...stuffed ballot boxes...I see dead people voting...Sound familiar? :worthy:

Is there a corps doing a tribute to Chicago??? Could this be a tribute gone horribly wrong??? Did it go too far??? Is Jeff Fiedler's real last name Daley before he changed it??? :blink:

Nah! Blame it on YEA.

Sarcasm turned off!!!

( My son is a former marching member with a championship corps in 2000, 2001, and 2002. So I am going to have some explaining to do!)

Not just previous years winners but also the top shows of all time vote for the movie theater event. Wonder if that was tainted. Wonder if DCI will feel able to offer this type of voting in the future.

Quiet, Chris...............next time there's a Classic Countdown, you'll be seeing me in ALL THREE of my finals appearances!!!!!!! :blink:

DCI can make it harder to manipulate.  They probably can't make it fool proof.  It might be better to hand out voting slips (like MLB does for its All-Star game) at each DCI sponsored show.  Handed out as you enter the gate, collected as you leave the show.  No one could fill out too many in that scenario, and the show sponsors would have to return all filled and unfilled ballots to DCI. 

Good idea, but I think we had to know the top 8 from San Antonio before voting on order.

I like the idea of random draw, less fan interaction but just as interesting. Lol, imagine the Cavaliers opening up a show! b**bs

The Cadets sent out that same kind of email last year encouraging people to vote, and didn't they go on like third or something at Murfreesboro?

(My memory could be hazy, but I'm almost positive they went on way early.)

We all know that some people will blame the Cadets for anything. But I don't think sending out an email encouraging friends to vote is cheating. I just think people want to take offense to something the Cadets do.