Winston-Salem Scores!

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad they got the show in at all down there.  I kept checking the weather channel all day and they kept showing rain, rain, and more rain.  Any reports on field conditions or anything like that?

I just got off the phone with Mary from Bush and she said that the field was prett slick. They had a couple of members go down. And that they had a hard time getting the pit equipment throught the mud around the field.

This was my first DCA show and I enjoyed it greatly. Thanks to all the corps for coming South. (or East)

The field was slick because the BOTTOM DROPED OUT from about 6:00- 7:00 and then it just....stoped.

Lets make this show a tradition. :)

Don

Don:

How did CV do?

Thanks for the feedback...I was frankly hoping to see them above 80 and closer to Bush tonight.

Not sure why you would take that little victory away from the Bushwackers. I was at the show and liked both corps. I thought it was just as tight as the scores showed it was. But the bottom line is that Bucs were the clear winners and Bush beat the Renegades. Not by a lot mind you, but a "W" is still a "W".

Factor in the upstate NY corps and of course the Minnesota team, and we're gonna have a very interesteing DCA in Scranton.

Oh by the way ... The Cabs should watch out. I know they're getting better, but the Corpsvets and the Carolina Gold are strong. Hurcs are coming along nicely and there's always the CRU- (yes we know ... THEY GO ON). Could the Cabs drop out of finals? I hope not!

As I said, its gonna make Scranton VERY interesting.

Carolina Gold hanging right in there with Hurcs, Bush beating the Renegades (and look how tight the scores were...I'll call that a draw!) and get it Bucs!

I'm glad they got the show in at all down there.  I kept checking the weather channel all day and they kept showing rain, rain, and more rain.  Any reports on field conditions or anything like that?

It absolutely poured down rain for about an hour or so last night before the show. So the field was soaked, but wasn't really "muddy." It was more or less like marching on a sponge. There wasn't much traction when you needed it (like halting), but it felt like marching on suction cups at a fast tempo. You could see the water splash up on the heels of the person in front of you on each step. The field was grass. But with the lack of mud, it seemed like some sort of perscription athletic turf.