Yowza!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seemed like a lot more.

I know.. . I listened to it twice just to make sure (yea I was that bored yesterday afternoon)

Only 10 times?

That's 10 times to many.  :rock:

10 times to many agreed!

I think 'Yowza' was all the rage in the Roaring Twenties when dance contests were....all the rage.

IIRC in the movie 'It's a Wonderful Life' there's a dance contest which takes places at the High School. Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed's characters are involved and I believe the contest organizer shouts 'Yowza Yowza Yowza' to kick things off. That picture was set in the Twenties, just prior to the Crash of '29.

'Yowza' wasn't something that was coined during the 50's or 60's of 'Happy Days'.

Edited by Achilles

IIRC in the movie 'It's a Wonderful Life' there's a dance contest which takes places at the High School.  Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed's characters are involved and I believe the contest organizer shouts 'Yowza Yowza Yowza' to kick things off.  That picture was set in the Twenties, just prior to the Crash of '29.

Actually, it's George's (Jimmy Stewart's) brother and I believe what he says is something like "Oh yez, Oh yez, Oh yez"

Close, but no Yowza....

Yowza....my first hearing will be the Cinecast. I am ready. Should I say it with him or just repeat it? Should I get up and do a dance? Is this going to be some kind of Rocky Horror experience?

Maybe we should all just repeat it after him, if the fans do that quarters and semis....it might be out by Saturday!

Yowza...my new favorite word.

:spit: :rock: :mmm: :rock:

Yowza....my first hearing will be the Cinecast.  I am ready.  Should I say it with him or just repeat it?  Should I get up and do a dance?  Is this going to be some kind of Rocky Horror experience?

Maybe we should all just repeat it after him, if the fans do that quarters and semis....it might be out by Saturday!

Yowza...my new favorite word.

:spit:  :huh:  :mmm:  :huh:

Yes it will be just like The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Have you toilet paper ready!

:rock::rock::huh::huh::rock::huh::huh: