Official Semifinals Discussion Thread

If those scores had come out a month ago, I would have laughed because I hated Boston's show.... but something happened last night.  I sorta liked it.  Did anyone else have a change of heart with Boston's show last night?

SMM

:worthy:

Every review I've read has said that Boston has been a fan favorite this year.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If those scores had come out a month ago, I would have laughed because I hated Boston's show.... but something happened last night.  I sorta liked it.  Did anyone else have a change of heart with Boston's show last night?

SMM

Nope still didnt like it

:worthy:

Every review I've read has said that Boston has been a fan favorite this year.

I'm not talking about those who liked it before....just my own perspective. I thought it was way bubble gum and cute back when I saw it in Louisville. Last night, something clicked, and I liked the performance. Maybe it's the "ode to joy" that reminds me of 1999. *sigh of happiness*

Nope still  didnt like it

Me niether...just cant warm up to Bostons show for some reason

Mike

St Petersburg Russia

:blink: pacing....crossing fingers.....having more caffine....pacing waiting for Blues score...... :worthy:

I'm very non-plussed at its design. And the arrangements are very VERY poor for their calibre. I wouldn't allow Jay Kennedy to write music for my doorbell if he's going to do THAT to Candide. No offense, but sheesh!

LMAO.... But being a true Blue Crusader fan they could play Hot Cross Buns and I'd go crazy!

Can't wait to hear BLOOOOO! (My LAN is slow)

Ben

Dag nagit wrong qoute!

Edited by Navy Crusader

"Up next, BLOOOOO!!!!

This is by far the best year in their history. Some jazz runnin' in the Caravan opener. Drum line is featured right away. Opener tempo is VERY fast, 200 bpm? Color guard flashing red. Cool bell tones by trumpets with harmon mutes. Snares switch to some small tymbali-like thing. Drill is now a snake curve extending from front left to back right end zones. This whole show is VERY fast paced, must be exhausting to play. taka-tera-tiki-toe chanting. Hornline playing fast sixteenth runs and building a pyramid, nice!

The whole Blue Coats organization should be very proud of the improvements this year. They have come a long way and have developed an entertaining and winning style. Congrats!"

From Blue Devils web blog. Just for your reading plessure.