2007 Rose Bowl - Pasedena

YEEEE-HAAAA!!!!  15 minutes from home!!!  I'm going to LIVE at the Rose Bowl during that week!!

Well, I won't go that far, but I'll be there all week ...

This is gonna' be good ...

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waa waa waa... Gas is too high!

Well, maybe in two years it'll be too high for any of the West coast corps to go back to the Mid-West and the East like they've done year after year after year after year (+ 30 years). If the West can do it for 33 years, everyone else can do it for one!

Waa waa waa... It's in Pasadena not San Diego.

HEY! It'll be in Califreakinfornia (let alone the West) for the first time in 33 years (and more counting the pre-DCI years). I wouldn't care if they had it in Coalinga, CA or Kennewick, WA! I'll be there!

Waa waa waa... The camera angles will suck.

Well, let's see. They've got two years. Ever think they may have something planned?

Waa waa waa... Some Div II & III corps might not be able to afford it.

Well, let's find out first, shall we? On the other hand, corps from the West that might not be able to go back East go will finally be able to attend finals.

Okay. Thanks for letting me vent. I feel better now.  B)

:blush: I love Randy! ^OO^

Was it not a stretch for anyone in 2003 when it was in Orlando.  I think it doesn't hurt DCI to have Finals out west once in a while, it certainly makes it easier for those of us who can't neccesarily afford to go east all the time.  Just think of it this way it is only fair to have it on the west coast once in a while for those corps that cannot afford to make it to finals.  So what if there are more in the midwest and east, does that mean the west coast corps don't deserve to be able to compete?  Common sense in my opinion.

By once in awhile I suppose you mean every 33 years or so??? :P

Being from near Buffalo, N.Y., I don't like the California thing.

Too many corps won't be able to afford it. Just my opinion.

Besides, all the west coast corps will still have to come to the east coast anyway. It's not like BD and SCV will stay out west all season. With Indy and Allentown, they'll still have to come out here. This is just adding a major expense to all the other corps. Sky Ryders are one example of how going to California can kill a corps -- they never fulled recovered financially from going to California in 1991, even though they made Finals that year.

It's about time DCI get a Finals rotation started ... four set cities over a five-year rotation, leaving a "wild card" every fifth year.

My choices:

-- Denver ... that should be good enough, West Coasters

-- Madison ... well, DUH!!

-- Buffalo ... sure, I'm biased, but it's a great stadium.

-- Orlando ... now, I keep hearing that everyone hates it there, but DCI seems to have such a good rapport with Disney/ABC/ESPN.

And can we pull these major regionals out of Domes, please?

- R -

Corps will have LITTLE to NO rehearsal time out there cause they'll have to leave 4 hours before they perform!!!

b**bs

WHAT?!?! You mean that all the corps will have to leave their housing site before 3pm? Holy cow! What a travesty!

In other words:

Yeah! Finally all the corps will be in the same boat where rehearsal time is concerned. Is there a problem with that?!?!

OKay, now that we've got finals out here.  Who's pushing for Precision West, Pacific Procession, and Moonlight Classic to be the shows that lead into finals!

Imagine most of the top twelve in Spartan Stadium............or most of the top twelve at Precision West with the stands so close to the track.......

Absolutely! And you can darn well bet that I and my other Central Coast area band directors are going to be looking into hosting a show or two here leading into the big show. It will be nice to see the corps in CA at the end of the summer rather than in the first 2 weeks.

It sure was nice having the top corps out here for the Tour of Champions last year. The only thing better than that is having everybody out here at the end.

YEEEE-HAAAA!!!!  15 minutes from home!!!  I'm going to LIVE at the Rose Bowl during that week!!

Hey Sammy, I would like to reserve a spot on your floor for finals week in 2007! Does your backyard have room for tents? :)

And for you negative people out there...

Every single complaint that I've read so far... DCI, corps, fans, and everyone else connected to this wonderful activity has had to get through before. It doesn't matter where you host a show (small or big) you have similiar issues to contend with. For now sit back and enjoy the remainder of this season, get ready for next year (yeah for Madison, WI!), and then make sure you are ready for 2007 (wherever it may be).

And most importantly, say thanks to everyone who has helped keep drum corps alive for all these years for all of us to enjoy!

Too many corps won't be able to afford it. Just my opinion.

Besides, all the west coast corps will still have to come to the east coast anyway. It's not like BD and SCV will stay out west all season. With Indy and Allentown, they'll still have to come out here. This is just adding a major expense to all the other corps. Sky Ryders are one example of how going to California can kill a corps -- they never fulled recovered financially from going to California in 1991, even though they made Finals that year.

What you are forgetting to take into account though is that the western corps have to get all of their people and equipment BACK to the west at the end of tour with no shows enroute to help cover the costs. The western corps have incurred these expenses for years. A trip out West once every 33 years, particularly with a year to plan, shouldn't kill any corps.

Too many corps won't be able to afford it....

Let's see.

You do realize that Phantom has been out here three years in a row now, right? What are they up too? Shooting for the top three. Not too shabby.

Madison, Cavies and Cadets came out last year (TOC). What are they up to? Cavies and Cadets are battling it out for the top. Madison gunning for the top five. Plus, both Madison and Cadets were both out here before last years TOC.

Like I said earlier. The West coast corps have been heading back East ever since the VFW years. What's one piddling little year for everyone else?

As Horace Greeley and John B. L. Soule once said,

"Go West, Young Man!"