.85 from perfection

I thought the fellas from the Cavaliers Band where the best, with the the band from Wisconsin a very cloise second.  The Cadets bored me.

Dick Gozinya.

Corps, not band.

I really dont see why soo much of a focus is put on scoring. Seems to me that people are seeing drum corps too much like a sport rather than a performing art.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a bunch of sour grapes. Get over yourselves, The Cadets had the best product on the field this year or so the judges thought and that's all that counts.

Great Job Cadets!!!! :worthy: Congratulations. Can't wait to order the dvd so I can watch it over and over again. :P

I can see the argument over scores. I, too, have felt that scores are getting a little too high. Perhaps some of that is marketing. Whether it's for ESPN2 or anyting else, it does send a message to many that we have corps that are that close to perfection, corps that are in the A+ range.

The judging system works, even if it does need tweaked in my opinion. It still works. What many of us know, that most average fans who do not roam DCP do not know, is that the scores are build up, and the spreads ultimately become the crucial and very subjective part of this judging process.

Without a doubt the Cadets deserved to win this year. I thought they performed better, had a great product, and I really enjoyed their show from beginning to end. Maybe not everyone on here liked them Cadets, but there are many that did. And even if we are the minority, we must remember that the minority of fans who like this type of presentation matter just as much as the majority of fans who like mainstream drum corps, whatever that may be. And I like both. But the Cadets were the best this year, and in my opinion if that isn't obvious to you then I feel your allegiances are getting in the way. Just because you like something better does not mean it should win. For what it's worth, my favorite shows on the field this year were Phantom (hands down), Bluecoats, and Carolina Crown.

Jonathan

I saw several things tonight that would have been very obvious tics: I did not once see the Cadets form an arc and float or rotate it without the arc flattening out in several places; I saw many bad intervals between horn players; I saw block rotations where people failed to cover down as the block rotated. And I saw all of this from the 50 yard line, so its not as if I was on the side in a vantage point the judges don't have. I did not see nearly as many ensemble visual problems in either Cavaliers' or Phantom's performances. I honestly thought Cadets would not win marching tonight following their performance. If you don't believe me, watch their performances in slow motion once you have the DVDs.

What you're telling us are a few things:

**YOU have more experience and wisdom than a DCI Visual Performance Judge.

**Although the Judge was running around all over the performance, YOUR vantage point was superior.

**You spent 11½ minutes with the DCI corps-approved Visual Performance sheet either in your lap or memorized--ignoring every other aspect of each performance.

Don't lie. You were looking at Cadets' tenors in the solo. Right?

:worthy:

What you're telling us are a few things:

**YOU have more experience and wisdom than a DCI Visual Performance Judge.

**Although the Judge was running around all over the performance, YOUR vantage point was superior.

**You spent 11½ minutes with the DCI corps-approved Visual Performance sheet either in your lap or memorized--ignoring every other aspect of each performance.

Don't lie. You were looking at Cadets' tenors in the solo. Right? 

:worthy:

My guess is he remembers when it was imperative for corps to actually be able to march,and execution counted for something!!

I agree with him completely!

It really saddens me to watch corps in finals out of step, blown intervals etc..... ^0^

*Flamesuit on-Give it your best shot!!*

Edited by Bob Brady

I was just putting it into perspective. Perhaps the VP judge is in the wrong place to see all these mistakes.

And IF you're going to embrace Our Brutus, change your name. "Brady" is.. and will always be...that chump who played at UM (not to mention in Foxboro).  <**>

Hah! yeh I know!

i can't seem to get away from that little ##@$^%&-TTTer.

(I dont like the Pats either!)

But... since I put two kids through (The)OSU AND hold season tickets, I'll proudly display my loyalty!!osu-logo-800.jpg

Edited by Bob Brady

I'll do anything for a Texas ticket. Anything.  :sshh:

Good Luck!!

just for fun I was looking on eBay and they were going for over1000 bucks for seats in the endzone and next to the belltower! Rediculous!!

*end threadjack-back to your regularly scheduled thread*